The Monster Squad... DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarcoBiscotti, Dec 22, 2003.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Wasn't this supposed to be released in October?

Does anybody have any info on this tentative DVD?

Was it supposed to be issued by Columbia/TriStar and if so, any idead on why it was delayed?

When will this be available??

Thanks!

2. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Nobody's heard anything about a MS release?

[​IMG]

3. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    It was announced by Pacific Family Entertainment (along with a couple of other discs that have yet to materialize). They claim, mysteriously, that it has been released to retail stores, but not internet stores. It makes little sense. PFE is notorious for releasing discs of questionable legality, so one can draw their own conclusions about whether this release will actually see the light of day.

DJ

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I'm still hoping against hope that Blue Underground will get the rights to this title like they did Pacific Family's other notorious release, "The Final Countdown."

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

So I take it PFE is some sort of low-budget independant production company?

If so, who holds legal rights to the movie and why would said studio allow Pacific Family to issue a disc?

Are you suggesting that they did so illegaly, if at all?

What does this mean as far as an *official release? Will it happen and through which company?

6. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

Ownership of the film appears uncertain. Once a real studio announces it, we'll find out.

DJ

7. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

[​IMG]

Great... this sounds promising, Id rather take my chances with a bad vhs transfer from PFE than nothing at all.

This looks like it's destined to not happen...

8. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

Why would you want to give them the money, Marco?

I just took a boo at PFE's website (linked in another post above) and I can't shake the feeling that the whole thing is an underfunded, upstart religious network that doesn't want you to think it's going to actually BECOME a religious network but will eventually HAVE to fall back on religious programming to pad out its schedule if it's list of original programming is any indication.

To wit, this quote about their sitcom 'amburger Palace

Does anyone know anything about this organization, like who founded it, what groups it's affiliated with in real life, etc. I mean, for a company that preaches wholesome family values to not only bootleg films but to bootleg a great, violent film like Convoy seems a little hypocritical to me.

Has anyone actually seen Rise and Shine or any of these other shows. I'm fairly certain none of them are available up here in Canada, but they would all make for bizarre viewing around 4 in the morning.

Based on what I've read on this forum about their fledgling DVD arm, I can't imagine how badly they'd treat THE MONSTER SQUAD. Thank God for Blue Underground sticking it to them over THE FINAL COUNTDOWN. Now if someone would do the same for MS and CONVOY. Perhaps PFE was hoping to sell enough of these before the shit hit the fan in order to accumulate funds with which to produce some of their original programming? Perhaps they thought they'd be able to cave to certain demands once they had their network up and running?

As I'm sure has been mentioned here before, the whole thing smells bad...

But I'd love to have a gander at SNAFU to see if it's as bad as it sounds...