the monster power-bar noise doo-hickey test....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ted Lee, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

so i discovered this cool black case beneath the register at bb. i opened it up and it's some sort of power-line noise detector thing that monster sent us.

basically you plug it into an outlet and you can hear all this static from the built-in speaker. in addition, there is a digital readout that gives some arbitrary (at least as far as i can tell) number.

what i found interesting is that when i plugged it into one of the main outlets from the store, the thing was noisy as hell with some high number displayed.

obviously, when i plugged it into a monster power-bar, the noise completely disappeared and the number was close to zero.

then, when i plugged it into a generic power-strip, some of the noise came back.

----

so, i know monster obviously knows this is going to happen, otherwise they wouldn't send out this thing. but, what do you guys really think is going on. i must admit i'm kinda impressed...even if i am being fooled. and believe me, it makes one hell of a demo! [​IMG]

2. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

The legendary Monster power sniffer.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

So what other kinds of products can you plug it into?

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i think it's only the power outlet. i don't recall any other attachments on it.

5. CarlosGH

CarlosGH Stunt Coordinator

It's supposed to be on a display where you can switch from the normal outlet to an outlet connected to the powerbar.

6. CarlosGH

CarlosGH Stunt Coordinator

The read out is arbitary. Some guy in the HT dept told me he went to a Monster Training in San Antonio.