What's new

The Monkees TV Series & 33⅓ Revolutions per Monkee + "Head" (1968) movie, coming to Blu (1 Viewer)

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Even
Watch out for this limited Blu-ray set!

Main details from monkees.com:

• All 58 episodes, newly remastered in stunning HD from the original negatives for the very first time, plus the 1969 TV Special “33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee”
• Bonus material featuring commentaries from all four Monkees, original Kellogg’s Monkees commercials, and more
• The 1968 Monkees film “HEAD” in HD with never-before-seen outtakes
• Unique packaging including a 7” of two previously unreleased TV mixes
• Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets
• Only available at Monkees.com

I've pre-ordered mine.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
moviefanatic1979 said:
Watch out for this limited Blu-ray set!

Main details from monkees.com:

• All 58 episodes, newly remastered in stunning HD from the original negatives for the very first time, plus the 1969 TV Special “33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee”
• Bonus material featuring commentaries from all four Monkees, original Kellogg’s Monkees commercials, and more
• The 1968 Monkees film “HEAD” in HD with never-before-seen outtakes
• Unique packaging including a 7” of two previously unreleased TV mixes
• Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets
• Only available at Monkees.com

I've pre-ordered mine.
Hi Even!

I've posted the above in the following Monkees related HTF Topic: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/339023-the-monkees-tv-series-show-facts-speculation-about-possible-future-hd-releases/page-2?&p=4291098

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
DaveHof2 said:
I want it, but $100 a season? No, thanks. The music holds up better than the show anyway.
Hi Dave!

My hope is that, like the BATMAN '66 TV Series, other less expensive Blu-ray options become available!

Besides, with our current lousy CAN/U.S. rate of exchange, I'd be likely looking at something North of $300 CDN, once shipping and taxes are figured in! :P

The Monkees Music is great, and does in my opinion, hold up rather nicely, nearly 50 years on!

Tony

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I made my own.

IMG_2690.JPG

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
DaveHof2 said:
I want it, but $100 a season? No, thanks. The music holds up better than the show anyway.

Hmmm, sell my Rhino sets right now and offset the price of the Blu. . . .

That or buy two, and flip the second one in 8 months for twice the price.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Most Of My "Monkees" Treasures:

Please Kindly Pardon The Upside Down Pic! No Matter How I Rotate It, This Is End Result Of What I Get On This Page! :rolleyes:

IMG142.jpg

My Most Prized "Monkees" Related Item! The Just Visible David Jones Autograph From His 2004 Appearance At The North Bay Heritage Festival Is What Makes It So!

IMG150.jpg

I wish I could have got a photo of me shaking Davy's hand!

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
This is too rich for my blood and would be long sold out by the time I saved up for it. Hopefully a cheaper Blu set is offered down the road, if not, I'd just get the DVD sets.

I've watched some episodes on Antenna TV and it holds up pretty well, especially the music and the cast.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oliver Ravencrest said:
This is too rich for my blood and would be long sold out by the time I saved up for it. Hopefully a cheaper Blu set is offered down the road, if not, I'd just get the DVD sets.

I've watched some episodes on Antenna TV and it holds up pretty well, especially the music and the cast.

I don't necessarily think it would be sold out by the time you saved up for it.

First off, look at how long the limited to 3000 copies Twilight Time titles last.

Second, look at the Monkees Deluxe box sets from Rhino Handmade. Instant Replay and The Monkees Present are still available, and they were limited to, what, 3,000 copies? 4,000 copies?

So, unless something really weird happens, I'd expect these to last a while. Hell, even Batman '66 "limited edition" sets didn't sell out.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Obsolete Man said:
I don't necessarily think it would be sold out by the time you saved up for it.

First off, look at how long the limited to 3000 copies Twilight Time titles last.

Second, look at the Monkees Deluxe box sets from Rhino Handmade. Instant Replay and The Monkees Present are still available, and they were limited to, what, 3,000 copies? 4,000 copies?

So, unless something really weird happens, I'd expect these to last a while. Hell, even Batman '66 "limited edition" sets didn't sell out.
I tend to agree.

At that price ($199), those 10000 copies should last quite a while. At least till Monkees.com drops the price a good bit.

Avilos

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Soliva
Hasslein said:
Too bad, still no licence of Hey Hey Its the Monkees
What is the story on rights? I was hoping it would be an announced bonus. A few years ago Mike Nesmith mentioned on Facebook he was overseeing some type of restoration of it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
hey hey I want it! but waiting on review and hopefully a toot sweet price dropper.

I think I paid nearly that much for the DVD seasons in the horrible dysfunctional cardboard record player boxes.

There are 3 Monkees left, maybe at this price SIGNED?! Rhino?

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I want this too but not for $200. I probably wouldn't balk (too much) if it was even $150 but $200 is just really high. Hopefully, they'll offer some kind of sale or coupon. Otherwise, I'll just hope that there's another Blu-Ray edition released sometime next year! Would love to see this in Blu-Ray quality though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks