The Mole

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny R, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Argh! The second series of The Mole started last week and I missed it. Can anyone give a rundown of what happened? Does this series look to be as good as the first?
    Unlike "Survivor" and most other of these type of shows, I like this one because its up to the individuals whether or not they survive... Its not a popularity contest, and nothing but the contestants own lack of observation skills can kick them off.
    [Edited last by Danny R on October 01, 2001 at 11:49 PM]

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Who is the moooooollllllleeeeee
    I missed it too. I kind of enjoyed the last outing, but I think my appreciation of this and Survivor puts me in the pro reality TV camp (against my better judgement). A quick rundown would be great. However, come to think about it, I think I missed the first episode of the first season as well. So I think I'll survive.
    ------------------
    Bombardment Society - Member

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I missed all of the first season, but read about all the episodes online. This time I actually got to see an episode. I too also like this show because nobody gets voted off. It's all about doing well on the quizzes.
    I read all of last season's episodes from PlanetSucks.com. Although they make fun of the shows as they summarize, they do a pretty good summary. The jabs just make it even more fun. You can read last weeks episode at http://www.planetsucks.com/themole/summaries.themole.2.1.html
    [​IMG]

4. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Thanks for the summary!
    I wonder if they actually burned the contents of the bags, or just the original bags stuffed with other stuff, and the belongings will be returned later (although the contestants don't know it)
    Reminds me when my nephew joined the Army. He had an autographed copy of one of my favorite books with him, and the sergeant confiscated it the first day of boot camp... never seen again.
    [Edited last by Danny R on October 02, 2001 at 09:21 AM]

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Damn, I missed this show too!! I loved the first season, and was looking forward to the second. Then it was moved up one week, and I completely forgot about it... argh.
    Thanks for the summary.
    /Mike

6. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    I saw the first episode on Friday night and it seems to be on par from last season. I watched it for a second time with my wife and she's hooked after just one week.
    I can't believe that they would burn all of their stuff, but I would bet they signed some kind of waiver before they started.
    My early guess at the mole: Katie or Al.
    ------------------

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

That's a hilarious summary, by the way. [​IMG]
    /Mike

8. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

Chad - How did you watch it twice?
    Did you tape it? Would you be interested in sending me a copy - reimbursed of course? Let me know.
    Both my wife and I loved the last season, and were so bummed that we missed the first episode. But whos stupid idea was it to move it to a Friday night at 8:00? How many of their audience members are even home then? Bad decision if you ask me.
    Thanks for the re-cap - looks like it will be a fun season again.
    Bryan

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I saw most of the first season but missed the first episode. The first episode of The Mole 2 seems like it will turn into the first Mole series again.
    One thing I liked is that the music and editing for The Mole 2 are exactly like The Mole. Imagine The Mole with different contestants, different objectives, and you pretty much have The Mole 2. Which is a GREAT thing.
    The Mole is seriously one the best reality shows.

10. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson
    Bryan - I was at a hockey game on Friday night so I taped it. I'll check to see if I still have it. I taped The French Connection on Monday and might have recorded over it. If I still have it, I'll let you know.
    ------------------

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

We are.... on the internet [​IMG]
    ------------------

12. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson
    Sorry Bryan, I did tape over it.
    ------------------

13. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

No problem Chad - thanks for checking. I think we will survive!

14. Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait Second Unit

15. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I wonder if Katie is the Mole (and a really bad actress)... if she is not, she must be the dumbest person on the world. [​IMG]
    Her reaction to being "tricked" out of her hotel room was WAY too much, and her face when they got the money to gamble was like something out of "Joey Tribbiani's acting guide book" in the chapter about looking shocked.
    I love this show!
    /Mike

16. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson
    I picked either Katie or Al to be the mole after the first episode. This weeks show reinforced my thinking. Katie was wayyyy to eager to leave her room. I would have thought she would have been the one to never leave her room.
    I nailed the execution tonight. I said Spoiler:Ali was going to bite it. My wife just looked at me in amazement. That was the first person I have guessed right since the show started last year.
    Can't wait for Friday nights episode.
    ------------------

17. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think Heather is the mole. Why? Because there is nothing to say otherwise, plus, during some little segment where they would talk to the contestants and ask them stuff, she said that it was getting stressful and she didn't think it would be this bad, or something to that affect. Everyone else was talking about how they're not sure who the mole is, but she was talking about stress.
    If the online game with the questions is downloadable, why doesn't someone download it, crack it open, and find the answers to all the questions and find out who the mole really is?

18. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson
    USA Today is reporting that ABC is going to be taking the Mole 2 off the air for a while. It sounds like it is going to resurface later this season. From what I could gather tonights episode is still going to be shown.
    ------------------

19. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Why are they taking it off the air? Has it bombed in the ratings or something? I love this show, so I hope it comes back soon.
    /Mike

20. MickeS

MickeS Producer

It doesn't seem like they're taking it off the air. This week's episode had a promo at the end for next week.
    I loved the "diary switching" in the beginning of the show. I assume the mole has been instructed not to write anything that reveals him/her as the mole? Now the players must have a pretty good idea about how the others feel about them, and about their theories about who the mole is...
    The "Little John/Jane" competition was kinda lame, IMO. But it seemed like fun for them at least, especially when Anderson was pushed into the water. [​IMG]
    I still firmly believe that Katie is the mole.
    /Mike
    ------------------