What's new

The Mod Squad Season One (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

That's pretty Easy just watch the Featurette she's in on Disk 1:eek:

Just Kidding she actually still looks pretty good.. but Micheal Cole holy Hell hard Livin.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
you can also enjoy Peggy Lipton on the Twin Peaks boxset.

Just finished all the episodes on this first set. Now I must wait till March since my Retro TV Network doesn't carry the show.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

It is pretty funny; this case is the reverse of what usually happens. Generally the aging male looks better than the aging female, but I have to say that Peggy looks pretty darned good for almost 62. Michael Cole on the other hand... Its what you say!

dotheDVDeed

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
She was a guest star on a recent episode of Rules of Engagement. Episode Title: "A Visit from Fay". S2E09 She played a free spirit who walks around her daughter-in-law's apartment in the nude. Pretty hilarious.

errr... I'd still hit it....
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Just chiming in to say that I have been waiting for this series for many years finally to come to DVD. I will be buying it. I'm not thrilled either with the split-season format. If I knew for certain that all five seasons were eventually going to be distributed in a set (or in complete season sets), I might wait. But I have no way of knowing this, so I'll probably spring for it in the format in which it is currently being distributed.

I loved the show as a child, and saw a few episodes several years ago on (I think) TV Land. The social themes and the 'time piece' aspects of the show are what I find most intriguing. I also loved the chemistry between Pete, Linc, and Julie.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm working through the first season half of this show while waiting for The Invaders to finally get here from DDD, and the presentation is fantastic - obviously remastered in HD with great sharpness and the colors popping out, but at the risk of being labeled a real ... fink ... man o' man is the dialogue bad, the writing arch, and the acting overly earnest. Not solid, daddy-o; not solid at all. I can hear the distant echoes of my own dad in his easy chair laughing while we laid on the floor in front of the Zenith and watched this show as counter-culture kids with all the dead pan seriousness of Linc, Pete and Julie. (He also laughed at Sgt. Saunders never running out of ammo, but at least the stories and writing on Combat! holds up).

I guess as a time capsule of some of the lingo and styles from that era (filtered through square writers unsuccessfully trying to write hip), it's entertaining. And I love whenever there's a location shot, like the Santa Monica Pier (or was that the Venice Pier with the roller coaster before it burned down?), or the L.A. Zoo. But I can't help thinking how much better this show would have held up if they didn't take themselves so seriously, or if a 'real' hip cat writer like Stirling Silliphant had a hand in the scripts.

Oh, I'll get through this half of the first season, and I'll be happy to see the other seasons released for the fans who want them, but here's another show that was much better as a hazy, but fond memory.

Dad, I get it now. You were hip to a bad scene ... a great many of them, as it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks