What's new

The Missing (2003) Blu-ray set from Shout Factory, any comments? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have The Missing SE DVD and have streamed it in HD but could only find one brief review for the newish Shout Factory Blu-ray set. Has anyone here viewed the Blu-ray and can comment on picture quality?
Thanks in advance, Trevor.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
I have the Shout blu-ray and I thought the picture quality was very good. Its definitely a worthwhile purchase as you get 2 discs, theatrical and extended cut. There is a review on blu-ray com.

Link

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have the Shout blu-ray and I thought the picture quality was very good. Its definitely a worthwhile purchase as you get 2 discs, theatrical and extended cut. There is a review on blu-ray com.

Link
Simon, thanks, I'll order it pronto!

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
It looked fantastic, and I loved the extended version. Its a western, was a fantastic disc, really glad I purchased it and I watch often, fantastic Tommy Lee Jones performance.

PatrickDA

Second Unit
I didn't care much for the film when I saw it in 2003, but I've caught it a few times recently on Starz and feel somewhat more positive. $12.99 for two versions of the film and nice extras is too good of a deal to pass up even on a title I'm not crazy about.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I just watched the extended version, what a great movie, it's like The Searchers on steroids. Fabulous picture quality, especially the outdoor scenes, although many early scenes are dark and I couldn't see much shadow detail. I'm unsure whether it's the transfer or my OLED TV settings but not a deal breaker. This might benefit from a 4K HDR transfer, though it's only just come out on Blu-ray, so the chances are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amaris
Recent bookmarks