What's new

"The Miracle Worker" (1962) -- A Personal Review (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
A DVP "RETRO REVIEW":

THE MIRACLE WORKER (1962)

htf_imgcache_43257.jpeg

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
Thank you for the wonderful review. This is one movie that I never get tired of seeing and each time I watch it I see something new. And that ending is awe inspiring.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
David,

Thanks for the very interesting and engaging review. :emoji_thumbsup:

A wonderful film, starring a wonderful actress. I own this one on VHS tape, and will probably pick it up on DVD. I too never tire of it.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
This DVD release is fairly poor when compared to the new HD master shown on HDNET MOVIES (the DVD I made from this broadcast runs rings around this official DVD release). It even pales next to the anamorphic version available on iTunes.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
I, too, love this film immensely. However, I don't really see how you can write a review (I realize you're not a professional reviewer) without mentioning the writer of The Miracle Worker - William Gibson. The Miracle Worker started life as a live TV drama, then went to Broadway with both Miss Bancroft and Miss Duke. And the other person who deserves huge mention is composer Laurence Rosenthal who with The Miracle Worker wrote what for me is one of the greatest scores ever written - but 1962 was one of the greatest years for film scores ever, maybe THE best.

It's really shameful that this film hasn't been given a special edition and a new anamorphic transfer - obviously the elements are in good shape - bring on the Blu-Ray.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am hoping (but it's probably only a pipe dream) that Fox will remaster all the classic United Artists films that MGM released as non-anamorphic 1.66:1 DVD's. The list is a long one: KISS ME DEADLY, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS, on and on and on...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks