What's new

The Mighty DLS, back in stock! (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
After a false start of being told my DLS was being shipped two weeks ago, the Mighty DLS is finally back in stock. I should be receiving mine soon, I hope, and I can hardly wait to hear the $99 sub that has received so much adulation. When so many small subs sell in the $300-500 range, it is hard to believe that a $99 sub gets the kind of praise that is usually given to the higher dollar competition.

Jim, sure hope yer right. I ordered mine, geez, early January like the 4th or 5th and almost forgot about the Mighty Little DLS...off to check my status :D

Jose G

Supporting Actor
it is hard to believe that a $99 sub gets the kind of praise that is usually given to the higher dollar competition.
I would say the DLS compared to other budget subs out there rocks, and in terms of performance/dollar ratio, the "Tiny Mighty" is a great 10" sub. With this in mind, your $300 figure makes sense, but I don't know if I would place it up there with a $500 price tag. At that price you're now talking anVTF-2 or VTF-3(?) and other subs that to my understanding would go lower and louder than the DSL. So in terms of Performance per price compared to others up to the $300 price range, I think you will really enjoy your new DLS- beyond that figure-mmmmmm...depends on what you are comparing it to and the other factors, such as your room dynamics, etc. I love this little sub and it works for me very well. Hope you find the same. Let us know how it turns out.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jose

Did you get your server figured out?

Hows the measuring and placment going?

Hope things are going well and you where able to control or get rid of them nasty peeks...?

I've sent a few emails and some threw the forum server did you receive them???

Jim
The DLS is a mighty little sub and is quite an astonishing performer at it give away price point. In the budget relm, it is a heck of a sub. Usable output to a solid 28-hz is very impressive. But when moving into the 500.00 price range it is not fair to the DLS or the many "very capable competitors".
It is NOT an HSU or SVS!
People "must keep in mind" that when most speak of the DLS they are speaking of a SMALL ENTRY LEVEL sub, (a great sub in it's price range which is basicly entry level) but dose seem to perform above that amazing price..

After about 300.00-350.00 there are comercial subs that offer better performance/spl/extension if you really look.
Seems the 3 winners currently in the entry level of price to performance, is the Sony-40, the DLS-10, and the "very BIG in size" Audio Source-15.
Of course the Sony and Audio Source have been said to need to be modded to get their best performance. Where the DLS is straight out of the box, a decent performing sub with out modding.

Regards
Geoff

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it should compete with just about anything in the $300-$350 range. But once you hit $400 then you're in the Adire Audio Rava range. If you have $400 to spend, it's definitely the way to go.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Brian

That Rava thing is just a terriable piece of junk...:D

Brian speaks words of truth, the Adire Rava-12 sealed, is most definitly a good step UP in all respects. Very nice music sub especialy, though it's no slouch at HT.

Regards
Geoff

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
You can't really compare this sub to other direct to consumer subs like SVS and HSU. Because it's $99 direct and the SVS or HSU subs are at least $500 direct. If the SVS or HSU subs were at retail stores you would pay over $1000 minimum. What does that tell you for this $99 sub?

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Geoff
The email issue is still at hand- making me nuts. I did PM you a bit back explaining my current position since the email wasn't running correctly. FIY- Using your suggestions- the peaks are down and I'm more flat except for at 45-56Hz where I get a 10dB drop, but I haven't had a chance to move the sub and play with positioning since my daughters b-day bash, where it was a big hit for her party by the way- even with the 10dB drop;) - what do they care, though- they're 7 year olds.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jose

I did get your PM and sent a email threw the forum back. Obviously you did not get it. There is really nothing you can do about the suck out except work on placement which you made mention of already.

Sorry to semi highjack the thread though we are dealing with the Tiny Mighty DLS-10....

Hope that working on the subs placement helps get you closer to that flater frequency response. With the tools and information you have now your well on your way to getting the most out of it!
Keep at it, as this is part of this amazingly enjoyable hobby that can (some times drive us insainly nuts).

Regards
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks