What's new

The Mexican: Great Sound and Picture! (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I watched this last night on my 16:9 hdtv with progressive scan dvd player.
I was so entranced with the quality of the DTS sound, as well as the great picture, that I actually enjoyed the movie!
The scenes with the firecrackers and guns being shot in the air made some excellent use of the surround channels! And the colors were gorgeous.
I think the quality of this disc REALLY added to the enjoyment of the movie. If it were a poor transfer with average sound qualities, I do not believe that I would have enjoyed it nearly as much, as the story was average.
This is just another example of how a great DVD played on a good home theater system can make a otherwise average movie much more enjoyable!
Just my 2 cents!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
According to WSR most people, even the studio, didn't realize this had been encoded with a center back channel when the movie was originally mixed.
So, the disc has a DD EX and DTS-ES matrix soundtrack.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I agree Rob.The picture and sound actually made a good movie even better.I would have to say I was surprised by everything about this movie.I thought it was going to suck but I think the comedy/violence worked very well together.This is one rental I may just have to buy.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
The Mexican DVD Rocks!! Dreamworks literally makees the best DVD's. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks