The Mexican: Great Sound and Picture!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Tomlin, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I watched this last night on my 16:9 hdtv with progressive scan dvd player.
    I was so entranced with the quality of the DTS sound, as well as the great picture, that I actually enjoyed the movie!
    The scenes with the firecrackers and guns being shot in the air made some excellent use of the surround channels! And the colors were gorgeous.
    I think the quality of this disc REALLY added to the enjoyment of the movie. If it were a poor transfer with average sound qualities, I do not believe that I would have enjoyed it nearly as much, as the story was average.
    This is just another example of how a great DVD played on a good home theater system can make a otherwise average movie much more enjoyable!
    Just my 2 cents!

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

According to WSR most people, even the studio, didn't realize this had been encoded with a center back channel when the movie was originally mixed.
    So, the disc has a DD EX and DTS-ES matrix soundtrack.
    Dan
    ------------------
    Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

3. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

I agree Rob.The picture and sound actually made a good movie even better.I would have to say I was surprised by everything about this movie.I thought it was going to suck but I think the comedy/violence worked very well together.This is one rental I may just have to buy.

4. Paul Chi

Paul Chi Stunt Coordinator

The Mexican DVD Rocks!! Dreamworks literally makees the best DVD's. Keep up the good work.