What's new

The Menu (2022) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Just blind bought this on BluRay. Hopefully I’ll get to it this weekend.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Just blind bought this on BluRay. Hopefully I’ll get to it this weekend.

It's a good film. I kind of identify most with the chef in the film because of my friend. I am not sure that is the character they are going for us to connect with, maybe as the film goes on a bit, but I see the story as an allegory, and in this sense, I understand the chef and his motives the most.

Not sure how other people see it and they have a character in the film that I believe is meant to be who the audience is seeing the story through, but while I feel for her, I kind of thought the chef was pretty amusing.

It is definitely a picture from 2022 that I think is on the should see list.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Watching it now. A unique film, but the first word that comes to my mind to describe this film is nightmare (unknowing people who are thrown into a situation that they didn’t ask for, or deserve). The best scene in the film is when Margot tells Slowic that she’s still hungry.

Last edited:

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Just saw it tonight, and thought it was totally magnificent.
Anya Taylor-Joy totally owns every scene she is in, and the cinematography is beautiful. Plus big up to John Leguziamo being bloated and unpleasant in a great way. And then Ralph Fiennes is the master of all this, in an equally brilliant way.
Fantastic!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hope you enjoy it. I didn't as much as many other people.

My wife and I streamed it when it came to HBO Max several weeks ago. We both enjoyed the film. Several great performances as mentioned by Michael Soderholm above. It's a combination of suspenseful, nightmarish and funny. However, I cannot see myself ever watching it again or adding it to my disc collection. It's a one and done kind of film for me. Repeated viewings would bring up too may "why did they..., why didn't they.." moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks