What's new

The Mega Horror Tournament (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, Jay, do you mean the 1945 original DEAD OF NIGHT, or the 1977 version. Since you just said DEAD OF NIGHT, I assumed you meant the original, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, BLACK SUNDAY is in, but now we don't need anymore. Each round will last 24 hours by the way. :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I'm guessing that since there are 256 films in this tournament, you all probably prefer me to do more than one matchup a day, so I'll do that. If I guessed wrong, just let me know.
Out of respect to the recently deceased John Frankenheimer, I decided to put his horror film in the first matchup of this tourney.
ROUND 1, MATCH 1
---------------------------
PROPHECY
VS.
ORCA
ROUND 1, MATCH 2
CANDYMAN
VS.
SALEM'S LOT
My votes: PROPHECY and CANDYMAN

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Prophecy - Not one of Frankenheimer's better efforts but much better than the Jaws rip-off.
Salem's Lot

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Orca - Both are late 70's/early 80's semi-ripoffs, both with painfully earnest and misplaced 'ecology' messages. But since the whale was one of my nominations, he's gotta get my vote.
Salem's Lot - Tho the first Candyman is pretty solid too!

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Orca Both of these flicks are ultra cheesy and it was hard to choose between a movie which has a giant salmon eating ducks, a giant mutant bear, and a exploding sleeping bag; and a movie which has a killer whale sabotaging a oil refinery & bitting off Bo Derek's leg. I think I picked the better one. :D
The Ennio Morricone score was good and it has Charlotte Rampling saying "Come, let me warm you" to Richard Harris.
It's the perfect movie. ;)

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Oh well, too late to nominate A Chinese Ghost Story Sinnui Yauman(1987), but the Hong Kong genre masterpiece deserves mention.
Unfortunately, I'll have to abstain this pair of pairs.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Jay, no problem. :)
PROPHECY takes out the campy killer whale classic, ORCA with a 7-2 victory, and in a very close matchup, CANDYMAN barely edges out SALEM'S LOT with a 6-5 win.
ROUND 1, MATCH 3
DEEP RISING
VS.
RESIDENT EVIL
ROUND1, MATCH 4
--------------------------
THE ENTITY
VS.
HOUSE
Okay, I love both films, but I vote for RESIDENT EVIL, because I think I enjoyed it a slight bit more. Match 4 is much harder, as I love both films very much. One is a serious ghost film based on true events, and the other is a zany haunted house comedy. I'm sorry, but I just can't decide here, so even though I've seen both films, I abstain from Match 4. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks