What's new

3D the Maze (1953) (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
The 2D version of this movie was available on Netflix at one time. Does anyone know what happen. i tried to find it but was unable. i would enjoy watching again. Thanks.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I remember seeing this film broadcast on TV many years ago. I could never remember the title. Then, when I heard about a 3D film called "The Maze" I wondered what it was about. I looked up the description and it was the same film that I could not remember the title. I never knew it was a 3D film.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
bob kaplan said:
The 2D version of this movie was available on Netflix at one time. Does anyone know what happen. i tried to find it but was unable. i would enjoy watching again. Thanks.
One of a group of independent MGM acquisitions that Netflix got through ThisTV, that would normally be going to the Warner Archive...Those come and go.
(Is ThisTV still around, btw? Our local cable provider dropped it last year, and it seemed to be in a rut for its last year or two.)

I have to say, however, that look up "Anticlimax" in the dictionary and you will find this movie.
I was sort of expecting, I dunno, a minotaur or something at the center of the maze, not plane, nor bird,
nor even frog...

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
You can order the Festival of 3-D Movie Trailers DVD from the first World 3-D Film Expo. It has trailers in anaglyphic 3-D for "The Maze", "It Came From Outer Space" and other titles. I don't care for anaglyphic 3-D but, since these films are in Black and White it works pretty well. I wonder how many 3-D trailers exist for the 1950's 3-D films? Bob would probably know.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Came across this UK trade ad

img204.jpg

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Oops! Bob Furmanek pointed out in another thread that the link is for It Came From Outer Space in 3-D. Chalk it up to wishful thinking on my part!

JeffT.

Deceased Member
maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't I read (somewhere) that Bob and his (talented) group were going to be working on this for a prospective 3D release? Or possibly (seriously) considering it? Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

Anyway it sounds like an excellent idea.

In addition to the 3D aspect it's an interesting story concept focusing on the human embryonic developmental genetics of Tetratology.

By the time of this film's auspicious theatrical release Richard Carlson had well established himself as the "King" of the screen SF-horror 3D film to be sure.

Some find the climatic denouement on the silly side but I don't. For what was attempted (and what must have proven to be insurmountable technical difficulties in its presentation) it was reasonably handled.

maze1.jpg

This picture has been modified from what was originally presented! J.T.

Jeff T.

;)

Last edited:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
maze-3.jpg

Only to those who are already familiar with the film. Which is precisely whom I'm addressing.

Much has been written about THE MAZE (1953) and it generally (unfairly) takes a negative connotation which isn't really deserved. Doing it much more (serious) harm than anything I could have possibly have done in a single message posting. I strongly felt the need to counter this...backed with the (visual) evidence!

One cannot successfully communicate by expressing oneself in vague, imprecise generalities that reaffirm absolutely nothing.

So as far as I'm concerned no offense was intended. No offense was given. And no offense should be taken.

On the humourous side I can go to work tomorrow and say the word "teratology" and I seriously doubt that many of my coworkers are familiar with the term. Maybe one or two!

maze-1.jpg

Jeff T.

<_<

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks