What's new

The Matrix Revolutions - glitch? (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Typically, nothing is officially said by a studio about a problem until a replacement program is formally announced. That usually takes anywhere from 4-6 months, depending on the severity of the issue. Disney still has time to kill on a program to fix Pinocchio's glitches by that common standard; Warner, in this case, is certainly at the point of slight concern on whether it will happen.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hardly any1 complained about this. even i don't complain about it ;).

does it dislodge audio synchronization for the rest of the film? i haven't watched it sitting down from beginning to end.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

From what I recall, how noticeable this issue is depends heavily upon how your player handles the mastering error.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Correct. It's pretty much impossible to detect on the PS3 (looks like a dropped frame), while on other players it some minor blocking, and on others it's major blocking.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
It looks like a replacement program has finally been implemented:

The following reply was received when I asked WHV whether a replacement program had begun as rumored.

Yes, there is a disc exchange for Matrix Revolutions. Please call 800-553-6937 for this offer.
You will be asked for the UPC, I gave the UPC of the Matrix Revolutions itself rather than the entire box set, and your name, shipping address, and telephone number. I was not directed to return the defective disc.

Kudos to Warner Bros. for finally implementing a replacement program. Even if the wait was longer than I would've like, it beats no replacement program at all.

Edited to add:

They will also ask where you purchased your set from...

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I received my replacement disc today, and it is indeed fixed. Whatever firmware updates have been done to my Panasonic DMP-BD55 since I first noticed the issue made it really hard to identify the error on the old disc, but once I did it was relatively simply to tell the new one had indeed been corrected.

Kudos to Warner!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Paul, is the bit rate any higher on the new disc? Or did they just use the same encode as before?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina

Paul, is the bit rate any higher on the new disc? Or did they just use the same encode as before?
Carlo, I'm not sure. In fact, I'm not sure how to tell either. I have a Panasonic DMP-BD55 and a Sony Playstation 3; so if you would let me know how to check on either one of those, I would be happy to tell you.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Paul, if you press the "display" button on your PS3 remote, the bit rate will show up on the upper right hand part of the screen. Now it won't show you the overall bit rate of the disc as some other programs do, but if you have the time and inclination, you can watch the same 5-10 second clip from both discs and tell us if the bit rate is approximately the same or different (hopefully significantly higher on the replacement). The bitrate is given in Mbps, as well as the codec used (AVC, VC-1 or MPEG2). I'm pretty sure they're still using VC-1 but if not please let us know if they've switched to AVC.

Thanks!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Carlo, thanks. I didn't have a chance to get around to this today, as it is my daughter's birthday. However, I noticed that your questions were answered on that other site in their NEW Unofficial Blu-ray Audio and Video Specifications Thread. The short story, it seems, is that the only thing corrected was the frame. Everything else is the same including the codec used, VC-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks