What's new

THE MATRIX...new 2-disc SE info + ANIMATRIX (1 Viewer)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
How do you post pics anyway, couldn't find out anywere...
At the very bottom of every thread page, you've got a full array of buttons for quick and easy formatting, but to post pics all you got to do is write

img
[/url]

And I concur with you. It is by far the best promotional poster for the first movie. I'm glad they chose it as the cover for the MATRIX art book.

;)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's worth repeating:

Why would you upgrade to this version if Warner Brothers is not supplying better video and audio than before?

It needs it, this would have been a great time to fix it, yet they seemingly don't... hmmm...

Even The Fugitive (1993) and Lethal Weapon 2 (~1991) got at the very least brand new video transfers for their re-releases (and full bitrate DTS for LW 2).

Dan

Lee_eel

Second Unit
What's the point if the film is not going to be remastered or at least some of the pixellation cleaned up. Come on guys, extras are nice but it's the movie that really counts.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Summer/Fall 2004 we'll have a trilogy set with a new transfer on the first and all the goodies on 2 more disks. 4-6 disk set maby?
Do you really think they'll sit around and watch people buy 12-15 disk LOTR sets and not follow suit?

Just Wait

Eric

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Since the SE looks like a repackaging of the original DVD, as crappy as that retarded snapper case is I think I'll wait until they issue the trilogy boxset. You know they'll put out the trilogy in one boxset eventually.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
A whole box of snappers!

I'm more than a little concerned that we'll be seeing individual releases before we see a box set. That would be the smart thing from their perspective. Of course, I think we'd skin them alive, but I don't see it outside the realm of possibility that they would create similar packages like this one for each of the next two films before considering a super box set.

I could see something like:
The Matrix 2-Disc SE (Matrix plus Matrix Revisited)
The Matrix Reloaded 2 Disc SE (M:Rel plus a disc of extras)
The Matrix Revolutions 2 Disc SE (M:Rev plus a disc of extras)
The Box set containing all the previous, the Animatrix DVD, and one more disc finally containing the first movie's damn trailer in anamorphic widescreen. :angry:

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Okay, I already thought about this.

Reloaded comes out in May(?), Revolution in November. Six month rule, so if they push the discs out we get Reloaded DVD Nov/Dec03, and Revolutions DVD May/Jun04.

Now, if they put those out, but when Revolutions hits there's a box set (not announced, ON THE SHELF) for that disc's debut, then okay.

If they put out Reloaded/Revolutions, then wait six months, a year, more, THEN put the Matrix trilogy set out ... that's low.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Well :frowning: Just as we suspected from the Matrix Special Edition...... No DTS!! :angry:
The thedigitalbits.com has confirmed the official specs from Warner Home Video.

Okay kids... rumors have been swirling around for a couple of weeks now. But we've got OFFICIAL Matrix: SE and Animatrix DVD details for you this morning - everything that's fit to print and more, direct from Warner Bros! So let's get right to it...

On April 29th, Warner Bros is releasing a brand new, revised and upgraded Matrix: Special Edition DVD. The 2-disc set will SRP for $27.95, and will come in "collectible foil" packaging. The revised DVD is timed to promote (and take advantage of) the release of The Matrix Reloaded into theaters on May 15th.

Disc One is the same special edition DVD disc that was available previously (see our review here), including the film in anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (sorry guys, no DTS), audio commentary (by star Carrie-Anne Moss, effects guru John Gaeta and editor Zach Staenberg), the Making the Matrix featurette, a music-only track with commentary by composer Don Davis, 9 Follow the White Rabbit interactive featurettes, 2 hidden Take the Red Pill documentaries and numerous DVD-ROM features.

Disc Two is the original Matrix: Revisited DVD (see our review here), upgraded with several new bonus features. The new material includes Preload: On the Set of Reloaded (an exclusive behind-the-scenes preview of the new film), an extended trailer for The Animatrix with previews for every short film (more on that in a moment), the Marilyn Manson music video for Rock is Dead, the What is the Game? teaser for the new Enter the Matrix videogame, a preview of upcoming TheMatrix.com website and numerous theatrical trailers and TV spots. All of the contents on the original Matrix: Revisited disc are here as well, including 6 behind-the-scenes featurettes on the first film (2 hours total), 3 hours of music/audio tracks, The Art Revisited art galleries (with over 800 drawings and still images) and more.

Then, on June 3rd, Warner Bros will release The Animatrix (SRP $24.98). The DVD includes 9 short films directed by some of the most talented artists working in Anime and CG animation today, written and conceived by the Wachowski Brothers and set in the same universe as The Matrix feature films. The shorts take place in parallel to the stories depicted in the feature films, and tie into them in many ways. One of the shorts, the 9-minute The Final Flight of the Osiris (directed by Andy Jones, animation by Square USA, Inc), is actually a prelude to The Matrix Reloaded. You'll have the chance to see it in theaters on March 21st, attached to Warner's Dreamcatcher. We were able to screen it last night, at a special preview event at the studio for the Enter the Matrix video game. It's a pretty incredible piece of photo-realistic CG animation - think Final Fantasy and you're in the right ballpark (Square produced that film as well).

In addition to The Final Flight of the Osiris, you'll get The Second Renaissance: Parts 1 and 2 (directed by Mahiro Maeda (of Blue Submarine No. 6 fame), animation by Studio4°C, Tokyo), Kid's Story (directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop), animation by Studio4°C), Program (directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll), animation by Madhouse Studios, Tokyo), World Record (directed by Takeshi Koike (lead animator on Wicked City), animation by Madhouse Studios), Beyond (directed by Koji Morimoto (animation supervisor on Akira), animation by Studio4°C), Detective Story (directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, animation by Studio4°C) and Matriculated (directed by Peter Chung (creator of MTV's Aeon Flux), animation by DNA, Seoul).

The Animatrix will also include Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime, 7 behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentaries for The Second Renaissance: Parts 1 and 2, Program and World Record (all in the original Japanese audio with English subtitles), and a look at the making of the Enter the Matrix game, featuring interviews with Jada Pinkett and Carrie-Anne Moss. Get all that? Whew!

By the way... if I got any of those names wrong, my apologies to you Anime fans. And just FYI, you can view The Second Renaissance: Part 1 online right now, along with a preview trailer for The Animatrix, by clicking here.

While were on the subject, the Enter the Matrix video game (coming this summer from Atari for virtually video game platform known to Mankind) picks up right where the story of The Final Flight of the Osiris ends, and takes you through a series of game play adventures that tie into the plot The Matrix Reloaded (again much of the game was written and conceived by the Wachowski Brothers, and filmed by them as well). When you "succeed" in the game, the events will affect the storyline of The Matrix Reloaded, running in parallel with the film's plot.

As a caution, we should say that given that the release dates for these two DVDs are three and five months away respectively, some of the details listed above may be subject to change. But again, this is all direct from Warner Home Video.
No DTS , No buy! :thumbsdown:

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
That cover is leaps and bounds more attractive than the snapper. I'm gald I never picked it up, now I can add the Matrix to the collection in proper form. ;)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
While were on the subject, the Enter the Matrix video game (coming this summer from Atari for virtually video game platform known to Mankind) picks up right where the story of The Final Flight of the Osiris ends, and takes you through a series of game play adventures that tie into the plot The Matrix Reloaded (again much of the game was written and conceived by the Wachowski Brothers, and filmed by them as well). When you "succeed" in the game, the events will affect the storyline of The Matrix Reloaded, running in parallel with the film's plot.
For the technical junkies out there (me included), the game on all platforms will support 480p progressive and be 16:9 enhanced. This includes the FMV footage.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
Tom,

Thanks so much for the Matrix SE cover pic.

I've been curious to see how it looked. I'm impressed.

Do you know if the case is an Alpha, double Amaray, 2 Snappers in a sleeve or maybe it's like T2 and has a metallic sleeve over an Amaray.

Does anyone out there know?

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I would guess it's in a Digipack case. WB's newer 2D SE's have come in them and I think they changed their mind about snappers for 2D's a while ago (after JFK).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks