What's new

The Matrix COllection hits HD DVD MAy 22!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the HDdvd crowd.
BD REALLY needs to get their damned interactivity thing together, java or whatever...
BUT, forcing one to get 2 and 3 just to own 1...?
Bah. I'd rather watch an all Ferengi season one episode of DS9....
Seperate films please....
I predict many will rent the first disc on netflix and it will be "lost in the mail..."

:) d

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Ah, hell, I forgot the POTC movies are being released that day too. Going to be very expensive, that's for sure.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
great, another stupid flipper release :angry:

just give me the movies + animatrix in hd with dolby true-hd and i'll be happy. don't need all the extras all over again. well, ok ... if warner puts the trailers on it in hd, that would be nice and these are the only extras i care for. the rest is known and eaten up long time ago.

but if warner decides only to do this bloody flipper release, i'll pass.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Eh. Dissapointing, looks like I'll be keeping my SD set a little while longer than the HD-DVD folks.

On the bright side, hopefully they'll utilize 50G discs so the future Blu-Ray version won't have to be flippers. :P ;)

Dave>h

Second Unit
Awesome news!

Although I love the Matrix and like Reloaded, Revolutions was a mess (or just way to deep for my little old brain to cmprehend...). That will not preclude me from buying these on HD DVD.

Although without Dolby True HD on the movies, I might have to wait for an additional release. I hve used the Matrix as a demo disk in the sound category for years...

Dave

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Considering the commentaries are all mentioned as being on Side 1, I'd be very surprised if these were flippers.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Along with Mission I and Mission II seperately if you didn't buy the Ultimate Mission Boxset on release. Plus, Flags of Our Fathers comes out that day, along with Closer on Blu-Ray.

These cats are trying to kill us....

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Chris,

I guess they could get The Revisted specs for each film on one side. And I hope they do. But the crux of those whole announcement is the Animatrix in HD.

To be honest, I watched most of those special features in the SD Set only once. I'll probably never watch them again, hence the reason the Trilogy Set looks the most enticing. But, no Animatrix in that set and that's the biggest "MUST" of the entire press release...

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
It is mind boggling people will pass on the set simply because they may be flippers. I guess the presentation of the movie isn't the main priority for some.
To each their own.

I'll prolly buy the Complete Set version since I already have the ultimate collection on dvd and only care about getting the films in HD.

I disliked revolutions but thought reloaded was badass.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick this up on blu ray.
Hopefully on single sided discs. Probably since there will be 50g to play with.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I just wish there was a way to get the true theatrical version of The Matrix in HD. Alas, it's likely all we'll ever have is the re-colored, pumped-up-contrast and black level, version of the original film that was done to make it look like the sequels.

I know it's how the Ws want it to look, but to me it's the same as wanting the original unaltered Star Wars Trilogy. At least I'll always have the anamorphic DVD, unlike Star Wars, which doesn't offer that level of quality. I know we'll only get the re-colored Alien in HD too whenever that happens. I guess it makes those early DVDs worth a lot more.

It'll still be a marvel to see the Matricesin HD some day, even if the first one will get about a hundred times more spins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks