What's new

The Matrix COllection hits HD DVD MAy 22!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
http://www.homemediaretailing.com/ne...ticle_ID=10426

They only say that the BD release will be "later this year"

On May 22, Warner Brothers is giving HD DVD The Ultimate Matrix Collection and The Complete Matrix Trilogy for $119.99 and $99.99, respectively.

Keep in mind, that with a typical amazon 30% discount, the actual prices would be about $84 and $70.

I'm so glad it's not a total HD release. Looks like this one is a HD DVD purchase for me.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Damn!

I wish this was coming out on Blu-Ray at the same time, since I have both formats.

And quite frankly, could these studios pick a date that's NOT May 22nd? I mean, seriously, it's got to be the biggest home video day on record, in terms of major releases....

MarekM

Supporting Actor
uff $120 for ultimate edition and 100 for complete matrix trilogy....

hmm what was price of Mission Impossible ?

Marek

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
At this point, I'd prefer to buy on BD as well. But if May 22 rolls around and there is no definitive date for the BD, I'll be getting the HD DVD.

At least in this case we know that the video encodes should be identical.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
If this is for real...and it looks real, though the news hasn't caught on elsewhere...this will be a HUGE kick in the pants for HD. It's like the Warner of last year, saying: "Well, BD, you're not ready, so here we go."

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I also have both formats, and I'd prefer BD, but I doubt I'll be able to turn down the HD release on May 22 (yes, an expensive day). This is one of my major HD desires, so consider me very excited.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Oh, it's for real. I found it right on the front/main page of this website, The Home Theater Forum. So I think it is a legitimate news release.

And yes, BD's issue with the java interactivity stuff isn't helping them. These have the "In Movie Experience", so I'd bet WB is holding back for this reason (just like with Batman Begins, V for Vendetta, etc...)

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Looks like their using IME on the HD-DVD, explaining why the Blu-ray release won't be coming out at the same time. Come on BDA, get Java working!

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Java needs to get itself straight, like right quick.

I mean, that's the only reason we haven't gotten V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, and more than likely Blood Diamond on Blu-Ray.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well I'm out if you have to buy the entire set like MI? I just want the The Matrix. Still it's nice to get it a bit early for HD DVD. No doubt it will have Dolby True HD on the HD DVD version and some cool features. :emoji_thumbsup: :cool:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Here's hoping they put a TrueHD track at least on the original film.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Although I got my Mission set for about $52 from amazon having pre-ordered that baby back in early September. Hopefully there will be some good deals on this one. Although, Warner knows this is (along with Batman Begins & Superman Returns) one of the HD cash cow releases. Actually it's bigger than Superman Returns.

Going to be a huge seller.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I skipped the Ultimate box on regular DVD because I knew I'd just be buying it again in high def. Now I'm glad I waited. I can't wait to pick this one up.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Press Release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release

The Most Requested, Quintessential
HD DVD Title is Now Here!

THE ULTIMATE MATRIX COLLECTION &
THE COMPLETE MATRIX TRILOGY
ARRIVE MAY 22

Just in Time For Father’s Day Gift Givers
The Entire Legendary Matrix Series
in the Splendor of 1080p High Definition Brilliance with More Than 35 Hours of Bonus Features

Burbank, California (March 22, 2007) -- If ever a film series was meant to be seen in HD DVD, that series is now here. The Matrix, the legendary, groundbreaking sci-fi film, and its visually dazzling second and third installments, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions were produced with future technology execution in mind. The Matrix, the first DVD to sell one million copies and to date a $1 billion worldwide franchise, will be part of two new definitive high definition collections to be released by Warner Home Video and Village Roadshow Pictures on May 22.

The Ultimate Matrix Collection, for the hardcore Matrix fan, presents the complete adventures of machine battling truth-seekers Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) in all three of the Wachowski brothers’ post-modern epic films. This collection will contain, for the first time, all three HD DVD versions of The Matrix series with more than 35 hours of bonus material in 5 double sided discs. The second offering, The Complete Matrix Trilogy, contains HD DVD versions of the three Matrix films and the three Revisited features in a 3-disc set.

Both The Ultimate Matrix Collection and The Complete Matrix Trilogy come with the In-Movie Experience (IME), an exclusive interactive feature that allows viewers to enjoy new ways of accessing interviews and other material. For these titles, the IME will let viewers experience the evolution of all The Matrix’s ground breaking elements through the recollections of the cast and creative team.

The Matrix Series on HD-DVD is the definitive and ultimate film compilation for the ultimate hi-def format, plus will no doubt make the ultimate Father’s Day gift for sci-fi film lovers. The Ultimate Matrix Collection will be available for $119.99 SRP and The Complete Matrix Trilogy available for $99.99 SRP. Order due date for all is April 17. Blu-ray Disc versions of both collections will be released later this year.

The Films
The Matrix (1999)
The box-office sensation follows the trials of a young computer programmer (Keanu Reeves) searching to determine the deepest reality of a post-Apocalyptic world. His journey uncovers a web of deceit and massive computer-generated illusions obscuring the truth. As the character Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) said to Neo (Reeves), “No one can be told what The Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.” The same is true for this mind-blowing movie.
The film also stars Carrie-Anne Moss and was produced by Joel Silver. The Matrix was written and directed by Andy and Larry Wachowski, who spent years nurturing and refining the movie’s breakthrough concepts.
Side 1
In-Movie Experience
• Commentaries
o Written Introduction by The Wachowski brothers
o Philosophers Commentary by Dr. Cornel West and Ken Wilber
o Critics Commentary by Todd McCarthy, John Powers and David Thomson
o Cast and Crew Commentary by Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta
o Composer Commentary by Don Davis with Music Only Track
• Behind The Matrix
o Making The Matrix
o The Dance of the Master: Yuen Wo Ping's Blocking Tapes
o The Bathroom Fight and Wet Wall
o The Code of the Red Dress
o The Old Exit: Wabash and Lake
o Agent Down
o But Wait- There's More
• The Music Revisited
• Marilyn Manson Music Video Rock is Dead
• The Matrix Teaser
• The Matrix Trailer
• The Matrix TV Spots
o Manson
o Reality
o Forget Everything
o Mystery
o Buckle Up
o The Answer
o Kung Fu
o Whoa
Side 2
• The Matrix Revisited
• Take the Red Pill
o What is Bullet Time?
o What is the Concept?
• Follow the White Rabbit
o Trinity Escapes
o Pod
o Kung Fu
o The Wall
o Bathroom Fight
o Government Lobby
o Government Roof
o Helicopter
o Subway

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
In the powerful second chapter of the Matrix trilogy, Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Moss) and Morpheus (Fishburne) lead the revolt against the Machine Army as it attacks Zion, the last human city on earth, unleashing their arsenal of extraordinary skills and weaponry against the systematic forces of repression and exploitation. In their quest to save the human race from extinction, they gain greater insight into the construct of The Matrix and Neo’s pivotal role in the fate of mankind.

What is The Matrix? The question is not yet fully answered. And it leads to another: Who created The Matrix? The answers lead to more worlds of bold possibility – and to a destiny that passes from revelations to Revolutions.

Special Features:
Side 1
In-Movie Experience
• Commentaries
• Behind The Matrix
o The Matrix Unfolds
o Pre-Load
o Get Me an Exit
o The MTV Movie Awards Reloaded
• Enter the Matrix: The Game
• Enter the Matrix (contains 23 scenes from the video game)
• P.O.D. Music Video Sleeping Awake
• Reloaded/Revolutions Teaser
• The Matrix Reloaded Trailer
• The Matrix Reloaded TV Spots
o Yes
o Jack In
o Nice Trick
o Story
o No Escape
o I'm In
o Prophecy
o Neo

Side 2
• Car Chase
o The Freeway Chase
o Oakland Streets and Freeway: Unseen Material
o Tour of the Merovingian's Garage
o Queen of the Road
o Arteries of the Mega-City: The Visual Effects of the Freeway Chase
o Foresight: Pre-planning the Mayhem
o Freeway Truck Crash: Anatomy of a Shot
o Fate of the Freeway
o Freeway Action Match
• Teahouse Fight
o Two Equals Clash
o Guardian of the Oracle: Collin Chou
• Unplugged
o Creating the Burly Brawl
o A Conversation with Master Wo Ping
o Chad Stahelski: The Other Neo
o Burly Brawl Action Match
o Spiraling Virtual Shot: Anatomy of a Shot
• I’ll Handle Them
o The Great Hall
o Building the Merovingian's Lair
o Tiger Style: A Day in the Life of Chen Hu
o Heavy Metal: Weapons of the Great Hall
• The Exiles
o The Exiles
o Big Brother is Watching: The Architect's Office

The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
In the powerful final chapter of the Matrix trilogy, Neo (Keanu Reeves) takes another step forward in the quest for truth that began with his journey into the real world at the outset of The Matrix – but that transformation has left him drained of his power, adrift in a no-man’s land between the Matrix and the Machine World. While Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) holds vigil over Neo’s comatose body, Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) grapples with the revelation that the One in which he has invested a life’s worth of faith is merely another system of control invented by the architects of the Matrix. During the stunning conclusion, the rebel’s long quest for freedom culminates in an explosive battle. As the Machine Army wages devastation on Zion, its citizens mount an aggressive defense – but can they stave off the relentless swarm of Sentinels long enough for Neo to harness the full extent of his powers and end the war?

Special Features:
Side 1
In-Movie Experience
• Commentaries
• Behind The Matrix
o Revolutions Recalibrated
o Neo Realism: The Evolution of Bullet Time
o CG Revolution
o Super Big Mini Models
o Super Burly Brawl
o Double Agent Smith
o Mind Over Matter: The Physicality of The Matrix
o Future Gamer: The Matrix Online
• The Matrix Revolutions Trailer
• The Matrix Revolutions TV Spots
o Give Anything
o Help
o Power
o Future
o Believe
o Control

Side 2
• Behind The Matrix
o Before the Revolution
o 3-D Evolution
• Crew
o Owen's Army: The Australian Art Dept.
o 2nd Unit: A World of Their Own
o Bill Pope: Cinematographer of The Matrix
o Masters of Light and Shadow
• Hel
o Coat Check
o Upsidedown Under
o Fast Break
o Exploding Man
o Gun Club
o The Extras of Club Hel
• Super Burly Brawl
o The Skybarn
o The Crater
o The Egg
o Anatomy of the Superpunch
o Super Burly Brawl
• New Blue World
o Geography of Zion
o The Ships
o Tour of the Neb
o Matrix TV
o Logos Fight Expansion
• Siege
o Dig This
o The Siege Action Match
o Anatomy of a Shot: Mifune's Last Stand
o Building an APU
o Product of Zion
• Aftermath
o Revolutionary Composition
o The Glue
o Dane Tracks
o Cause and Effects

DISC 4: Animatrix & The Roots of the Matrix

Side 1
• Voices
o The Second Renaissance Part I Commentary by Mahiro Maeda
o The Second Renaissance Part II Commentary by Mahiro Maeda
o Program Commentary by Yoshiaki Kawajiri
o World Record Commentary by Takeshi Koike
• Scrolls to Screen: The History and Culture of Anime
• Execution
o Making Final Flight of the Osiris
o Making The Second Renaissance Parts I & II
o Making Kid's Story & A Detective Story
o Making Program
o Making World Record
o Making Beyond
o Making Matriculated

Side 2
• Return to Source: Philosophy & the Matrix (AKA. Brainiac’s Revenge)
• The Hard Problem: The Science Behind the Fiction

DISC 5: Burly Man Chronicles & The Zion Archive

Side 1
• The Burly Man Chronicles
• Pre-Production
• Alameda Shoot
• Australia Shoot

Side 2
• The Zion Archive – Photo galleries
• The Rave Reel
• The Matrix Online
• 2 Music Videos, Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Marketing and Promotions Support
WHV will be supporting the release of HD-DVD release of the Matrix collections with national television spots on national cable such as Comedy Central, Spike, Uni HD, G4, and Sci-Fi; in national print publications such as Maxim, Wired, and EW, and on-line sites such as IGN, UGO, IMdB, iFilm, Amazon, Yahoo, Google, and AskMen. Addtionally, in-store merchandisers will be available for national retailers, leveraging other HD-DVD titles during the Father’s Day season.

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks