What's new

The Matrix Resurrections (2021) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
7H0RDVS.gif

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jada Pickett Smith is in negotiations to return as Niobe from Reloaded and Revolutions.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/matrix-4-jada-pinkett-smith-in-talks-to-return-1202761135/

Does anyone else find it odd that they've already signed Reeves and Moss, whose characters both died in the third movie, and now they're trying to sign Smith, but nobody has brought up Laurence Fishburne yet? Granted, it's been a long time since I watched the sequels, but if memory serves, he was the only one of the main trio to survive Revolutions. It would feel very wrong to me if he's not in it. A large part of the appeal of the other movies was Reeves, Moss and Fishburne together. I'm skeptical of the movie in general, but if they're going to do it, then I want to see those three back together again.

Not having him in there would be like Pirates of the Caribbean bringing back Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley but not having them interact with Johnny Depp at all.

Oh wait.. :-P

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This casting makes me a lot more interested in this movie. She was the best thing about "Iron Fist".

Other sources are reporting that her character is actually the lead, with Neo and Trinity in supporting roles this time around.

Shit, that's going to make it harder to get her back if Marvel ever revives Iron Fist away from Netflix. Say what you will about Iron Fist (I liked it) but she was the best thing about it.

She's also noteworthy for having appeared in Games of Thrones and Star Wars.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Warner Bros. just announced a release date of May 21, 2021 for the movie, which still doesn't have an announced title.

However, that is the same release date that Lionsgate previously claimed for John Wick 4. Considering that both movies star Keanu Reeves in big, violent action spectacle movies aimed at pretty much the exact same demographic, I can't see this standing. One of the two is going to have to move.

I'm a bit surprised that WB would even select that date knowing that John Wick is already on it. Of course, the middle of May can be a very lucrative time to release a movie, so it makes sense why they would want the date if John Wick weren't there. But between the two, John Wick seems to be in the position to call the shots there; it is a current hit franchise that is coming off a high with its most recent installment becoming the biggest yet. The Matrix is a huge brand, but they will have had an 18-year gap between installments. And the last two are not well liked by most people. I don't think it's impossible for them to win fans back if the movie really delivers, but I do think it's going to be a much more challenging task than for John Wick right now.

On another note, there have been two new cast additions for Matrix this week: Jonathan Groff, who is going from being lost in the woods to lost in the Matrix apparently; Toby Onwumere, who previously worked for the Wachowskis on Sense8. As usual, there's no information on who they will be playing.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hugo Weaving says he was asked to return as Agent Smith but won't be able to due to a scheduling conflict:

https://www.superherohype.com/comic...his-absence-from-the-new-matrix-and-avengers/

On a side note, he also says he didn't do Infinity War and Endgame because Marvel offered him less money than he got for The First Avenger. Considering that Red Skull was the main villain of The First Avenger, but ended up having one scene each in Infinity War and Endgame, I have to say I don't really blame Marvel for not paying him the same. It would have been nice to see him back for consistency, but he would have done significantly less work in those films if he had agreed to be in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks