What's new

The Matrix Resurrections (2021) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I love Eddie Redmayne’s performance in Jupiter Ascending - the way he chewed the scenery was just breathtaking.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think if it was as good as TS4, it would also be better than the original Matrix.

You guys are missing out on a deliberately campy and over the top movie. I know alot of times you'll see someone make a bad movie that makes people laugh and then try to say "No, no, it was designed to be tongue in cheek" but I think the Wachowskis actually set out to make a crazy movie and accomplished that.
I love that you defend JA! Kudos! :thumbsup: :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think if it was as good as TS4, it would also be better than the original Matrix.

Agreed 100%.

(As an aside, boy am I glad Toy Story 4 came out last year instead of this year. If its release had been disrupted due to the pandemic, or if it had come out and I wasn't able to go in theaters due to safety concerns, I would have been much more devastated to miss it than any other film so far during this horrible year.)

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Well really, if you think about it, the first three could be called a love story too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Actor Daniel Bernhardt will reprise his role as Agent Johnson from The Matrix Reloaded.

I'll be honest. I don't remember who this character is. But I guess he's back.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
At this point, all release date remain fluid. I wouldn't be surprised to see more changes even for films that have already moved once or twice.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
They’re still announcing cast? How is this coming out in 6 months? Shouldn’t filming have wrapped?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The article says it was discovered "in an updated press kit". She may have been on the set for weeks already.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't really understand it either. I thought I read somewhere that it wrapped a while ago, so maybe they just didn't announce her until now for whatever reason.

It seems like we should be getting a trailer and, you know, a name for the movie sometime this summer.

The next two Warner Bros. releases are In the Heights and Space Jam, neither of which feel like the right fit for a trailer for this movie. Maybe it will be on The Suicide Squad in August?

Even though The Matrix is a really well-known franchise, the last two films weren't well liked and featured the on-screen death of returning cast members here. WB is going to have to execute a really good campaign for this one in order to convince audiences who didn't like the last two that it's worth coming back.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Even though The Matrix is a really well-known franchise, the last two films weren't well liked and featured the on-screen death of returning cast members here. WB is going to have to execute a really good campaign for this one in order to convince audiences who didn't like the last two that it's worth coming back.
Maybe the good ol' "parts 2 and 3 didn't really happen, here's the true sequel". :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks