What's new

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally finished the season late last week. Marvelous is the right word for the woman and the show! I have been recommending it to all of my friends who have Amazon Prime. This should get major Emmy attention for this season. Rachael may end up breaking Julia-Louis Dreyfuss' stranglehold on Best Actress at long last.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I finally finished the season late last week. Marvelous is the right word for the woman and the show! I have been recommending it to all of my friends who have Amazon Prime. This should get major Emmy attention for this season. Rachael may end up breaking Julia-Louis Dreyfuss' stranglehold on Best Actress at long last.
Veep isn't going to be back in time to qualify for this year's Emmys so someone will break Dreyfus' streak. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's a long and complicated tale, but I never got to finish this.

We're trying to sort out our Amazon Prime status...and hope to do that sooner rather than later.

Some major "interruptus" here! :wacko:

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Started this last night, three episodes later it was a little bit after midnight and I was ready to watch more...

Made the smart decision to hold off until this evening to try to watch the rest.

Very good feel as a period piece, funny, very true feel of the Jewish family dynamic (having known a couple of families that were almost exactly like the two main families portrayed, in the 1980s rather than the 1950s, but still...), and overall enjoyable.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
And finished it this morning (watched 4-7 last night, ran out of gas, so 8 when I got up this am).

A great first season, stands nicely on its own if that's all we get, but knowing that it got picked up for two seasons, I'm looking forward to the second...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Do we think Maisel will be released on disc?
I doubt it. It's produced in-house by Amazon Studios, and they want to drive viewership to the Prime streaming platform.

The "Gilmore Girls" revival was produced by Warner Bros., and they're the best in the business for TV on disc.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Can't wait to see season two (and three)! Very happy to read that the first season not only won Golden Globes but the Peabody Award, too. Can the Emmy be far behind?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 will premiere December 5th on the Prime Video platform.

Trailer:

Logline:
"After Midge’s triumph at the Gaslight, the fallout from her takedown of Sophie Lennon (Jane Lynch) looms large, making her climb up the comedy ladder more challenging than ever. As the actual grind of being a comic begins to take its toll on Midge, the pressure to come clean to her family weighs on her – especially as her choices have a ripple effect on everyone around her."

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've had this show on my Amazon watch list for quite a while, but had never got around to it. Well, this thread got me motivated. My wife and I watched the first two episodes this evening, and we both really enjoyed the shows. The writing is excellent, and the lead actress is superb in the roll. We will definitely be watching the rest of the episodes. Thanks to everyone in this thread for motivating me to finally watch the show.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My wife and I finished Season 1 this evening. Our biggest disappointment was that Season 2 isn’t out until December! Seriously, we really enjoyed the first season and will definitely be watching Season 2. The guy who played Lenny Bruce did a great job, too.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks