What's new

The Mariners and Yankees--May the best team win (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I had switched over to watch the Concert for NY on VH-1 and by the time I checked back, it was a football score. :)
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

RicP

Screenwriter
YES!!!
The rookie comes through! Outstanding!!
What a great finish. Bernie & the Kid.....Gotta love it.
Hopefully they'll close it out next game and rest the troops for Arizona on Saturday.
Congrats to the Arizona Diamondbacks also. What an impressive dismantling of the Braves.
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yanks pull it out again, amazing. What a game.
It seems it's never a question of the Braves reaching the NLCS/WS every year, but, rather, who gets to beat them.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

RicP

Screenwriter
Start Spreading the News.....
The Yankees are Back in The World Series!!!!!
So much for the invincible Mariners. Boy they self-destructed tonight.
So it's Arizona. Will it be a repeat of the dismantling of San Diego in 98 or will the D-Backs put up a great fight?
I'm looking forward to it! :)
WOO HOO!!!!!!
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I repeat: The Oakland A's were the second best team this year. We all know who the best team in the American League is. (Hint: It ain't the Mariners!).
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

125 is the meaningful record, not 116.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't like to talk smack, so I won't! A great job by the Yankees and hopefully, they have four more wins left in them this baseball season.
Crawdaddy
------------------
Peter Staddon: "I didn't say you can put 'Monkeybone' back!"

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
The Mariners have the best fans, the best record and will still be remembered for the amount they gave from their hearts. The Yankees will be remembered for rude fans and a great team (of course, 138 million will help that). You Yankee fans go to Seattle some time. You won't find the rudeness that was displayed for the world to see as it was in NY tonight.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The Mariners have the best fans, the best record and will still be remembered for the amount they gave from their hearts. The Yankees will be remembered for rude fans and a great team (of course, 138 million will help that). You Yankee fans go to Seattle some time. You won't find the rudeness that was displayed for the world to see as it was in NY tonight.
Tomoko,
That, of course is your opinion, and I disagree with these comments. I assume that you are speaking in the heat of the moment because your remarks do not hold up to scrutiny. Hopefully, when your emotions calm down you will be a little more rational.
"Best" fans is a subjective thing. I personally find Seattle fans, as a whole, not as knowledgeable as NY fans. And let's see if these "fans" will still be coming to Safeco field once the novelty of the new stadium wears off. The Mariners are the Colorado Rockies of this decade. There is nothing to compare to being at a ball game in Yankee stadium.
"Best" record? Who are you kidding? The only record that counts in the final analysis is 4 games to 1. And who won four games? The 116 games, while impressive, don't mean a damn thing in the long run. The best team produced when it counted. That is not debatable. If you think it is you are deluding yourself.
And talk about heart? Are you trying to say that Seattle has more heart than NY players? Wow! You really don't understand this, do you? In fact, when "heart" was needed, the Mariners crumbled! They panicked.
Just because you keep repeating this doesn't make it so. Let the record speak for itself.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

RicP

Screenwriter
quote: The Mariners have the best fans[/quote]Really? Could I please see your thesis study of the fans of all 30 Major League teams? Otherwise, please tell us how you can arrive at such a conclusion? Oh yea, that's the team YOU root for! Seattle has never won a single thing other than a division title, and we all know that means nothing. Sorry to see that you're so bitter, but honestly that what makes all this even better. :)
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's
[Edited last by RicP on October 23, 2001 at 08:47 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks