What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
First, that guy is Bob Fett? I thought BF was the villain directing the storm troopers. Second, BF is not fat and I resemble that remark. :D
Moff Gideon is the guy who was calling the shots from the Star Destroyer and now has Baby Yoda. Boba Fett was the bald and scarred guy who got the Boba Fett armor.

Boba Fett is only 41 years old so that Sarlacc is tough on the skin.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only chronological appearance of Mace Windu after he died is in The Rise Of Skywalker when he's one of the Jedi who speak to Rey before she destroys Palpatine.
You'd have been more worried for Luke if you had known.
I read somewhere that another voice that spoke to Rey was Ahsoka Tano.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I do vaguely remember the discussion in the Rise of Skywalker thread in which posters were talking about the various voices that spoke to Rey and the mention of a female Jedi character that never appeared in any Star Wars movie released to theaters, but did appear in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Moff Gideon is the guy who was calling the shots from the Star Destroyer and now has Baby Yoda. Boba Fett was the bald and scarred guy who got the Boba Fett armor.

I thought people were saying that they guy standing on a ridge at the end of earlier episode was BF. Wasn’t that Moff Gideon? I’m having a little trouble accepting BF as at least a partial good guy. BTW, did this actor do the voice of BF in the movies?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought people were saying that they guy standing on a ridge at the end of earlier episode was BF. Wasn’t that Moff Gideon? I’m having a little trouble accepting BF as at least a partial good guy. BTW, did this actor do the voice of BF in the movies?

I don’t really see Fett as a good or bad guy. He just serves his interests

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Is that official somehow? Because I figure if he was 12 or 13 in Attack of the Clones, and the Clone Wars last for 3-4 years, that makes him maybe 17 at the time of Revenge of the Sith, 37 at the time of A New Hope, 40 during Empire Strikes Back, 47 in season 1 of the Mandalorian and 48 in season 2. In my mind, he was 15 in AOTC, so he’s 50 in last night’s show. FWIW, Temeura Morrison is 60.

BTW, interesting that last week we saw Ahsoka, who knew Darth Vader before he was Vader, and Fett this week, who knew him as Vader. Those two could have a lot to talk about.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that another voice that spoke to Rey was Ahsoka Tano.
Yeah, the voices were Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi (both McGregor and Guiness), Yoda, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano, Qui-Gon Jinn, Kanan Jarrus (from Rebels) and Luminara Unduli, Aayla Secura & Adi Gallia (who were in the prequels and The Clone Wars).

Yes, I had to look that up to get all of them. :)

I don’t really see Fett as a good or bad guy. He just serves his interests
Ultimately, I agree but I also think Fett has his father's sense of honor. Or I think that's the way that they're writing him in this show.

Is that official somehow? Because I figure if he was 12 or 13 in Attack of the Clones, and the Clone Wars last for 3-4 years, that makes him maybe 17 at the time of Revenge of the Sith, 37 at the time of A New Hope, 40 during Empire Strikes Back, 47 in season 1 of the Mandalorian and 48 in season 2. In my mind, he was 15 in AOTC, so he’s 50 in last night’s show. FWIW, Temeura Morrison is 60.
Yeah, it's official because they say in Attack Of The Clones that the clone army was started ten years before AOTC and Jango had Boba made at that point so he's 10 in AOTC. AOTC is 22 years before A New Hope (so he's 32 at the beginning of the OT) and The Mandalorian is 9 years after ANH/5 years after Return Of The Jedi.

The reality is that Boba Fett looks old because Morrison is an older dude now but they still wanted to use him on the show. However, if someone is looking for an in-universe explanation, it's that he was partially eaten by the Sarlacc.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The story gets a big push forward. Lots of action but plenty of stupidity as well.
Running along a ridge, framed by the sky, and a "soldier" using a rapid fire weapon cannot manage to figure out to fire ahead and not behind his target. Also, they are taking the stupidity of the Stormtroopers too far. A giant rock rolling toward him and the gunner keeps firing at it until it rolls over him? Really?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The story gets a big push forward. Lots of action but plenty of stupidity as well.
Running along a ridge, framed by the sky, and a "soldier" using a rapid fire weapon cannot manage to figure out to fire ahead and not behind his target. Also, they are taking the stupidity of the Stormtroopers too far. A giant rock rolling toward him and the gunner keeps firing at it until it rolls over him? Really?

None of that bothered me, but I didn't understand why Fett didn't go get his armor from the Marshall on Tatooine.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

The guy on the ridge was Boba Fett, played by Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett and the clones in the prequels. Fett was also a clone of Jango so it makes sense to have him play Boba Fett now.

Fett was originally played by Jeremy Bulloch in the original trilogy, and voiced by Jason Wingreen. They dubbed in Temuera Morrison's voice in versions of the movies released after the prequels.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought people were saying that they guy standing on a ridge at the end of earlier episode was BF. Wasn’t that Moff Gideon? I’m having a little trouble accepting BF as at least a partial good guy.

This was the guy standing on the ridge in the earlier episode.
1607192781915.png

1607192801824.png

Which is this guy from this week’s episode.
1607193042994.jpeg

1607193065588.jpeg

Who is the cloned son of Jango Fett from Attack of the Clones.
1607193471073.jpeg

1607193507132.jpeg

Who grew up to look just like his Dad (because he’s a clone) and went into the sarlac pit in Return of the Jedi.
1607193942443.jpeg

He survived, a little worse for wear, and escaped but somehow lost his armor and had been searching for it on Tatooine, where he eventually learned that Din Djarin (The Mandalorian) recently acquired it from Vanth Cobb, so he pursued him and caught up in this episode.

Moff Gideon is this guy
1607194327018.jpeg

Who we don’t know much about, other than he seems to be a high ranking member of the remnants of The Empire, has a “dark saber“, and wants baby yoda’s blood for some nefarious purpose.

And remember, all of the clone troopers introduced at the end of Attack of the Clones and were featured heavily throughout Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith are clones of the same person (Jango). So if future episodes ever feature any of those characters they will be played by the same actor who is playing Boba Fett here.

I wouldn’t say Boba Fett is necessarily “bad” or “good”. He lived as a bounty hunter, which are typically pretty rough and merciless characters. In the original Star Wars trilogy Han Solo was his bounty, so sure he was a “bad guy” from that perspective. But if you cared about any of the people that “our” Mandalorian brought in over the years you’d see him as a baddie as well.

This article is a decent little background on Boba Fett, his father Jango, and their significance to the Star Wars history.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
None of that bothered me, but I didn't understand why Fett didn't go get his armor from the Marshall on Tatooine.
I thought about that as well.
Something from the first episode may contradict this but I would say that Fett was unaware of the location of his armor until he saw it in that episode.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I’m so sad about the Razor Crest. My daughter wants the lego set for Christmas, I hope this doesn’t change her mind. It became a character of the show, similar to the Enterprise in Star Trek. Maybe he’ll get another one and call it Razor Crest-A.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’m so sad about the Razor Crest. My daughter wants the lego set for Christmas, I hope this doesn’t change her mind. It became a character of the show, similar to the Enterprise in Star Trek. Maybe he’ll get another one and call it Razor Crest-A.
I was more bummed about that than Baby Yoda getting captured. I assume Baby Yoda will be saved in the finale (he damn well better be anyway) but the Razor Crest is done for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks