What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It wasn't the prequels that ruined his childhood. It was a bunch of weirdos that somehow equated him acting in a movie they didn't like with ruining their childhoods.

The more I look back at those films the more I think Lucas was almost prescient with them.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Enjoyed today's episode... all the strings are slowly being pulled together from the prior 13 episodes.

A couple of nice little reveals too... giving some pre-prequel history.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Who or what was Grogu communing with?

The Empire is so damn evil that they have baby-sized handcuffs!

I was wondering if that was some kind of Force-dampening device. As I recall, Grand Admiral Thrawn had some expertise in that.

I suppose we will see who Grogu was chatting with. Luke? Ezra? Mace Windu?

Ultimately, if Grogu is going to be trained, Luke is the only one running a school at this time.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It doesn't show it. Maybe it was in a lock and safe. He just took it that easily? I don't think Mando would put it on a coat rack and accessible.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It doesn't show it. Maybe it was in a lock and safe. He just took it that easily? I don't think Mando would put it on a coat rack and accessible.
They’re not going to show everything. As soon as Boba looked backed at Mando’s ship, I knew he was going for his armor.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I was wondering if that was some kind of Force-dampening device. As I recall, Grand Admiral Thrawn had some expertise in that.

I suppose we will see who Grogu was chatting with. Luke? Ezra? Mace Windu?

Ultimately, if Grogu is going to be trained, Luke is the only one running a school at this time.

If you're referring to the very first EU books by Tim Zahn, it was some sort of sloth/ferret like creatures who naturally exuded a null-Force zone, within with the Force did not exist/didn't work. (I still haven't watched Clone Wars, so apologies if Thrawn there had an actual inanimate device.)

Can't be Mace Windu, he died at the end of ROTS. Unless it's his Force-ghost? But I don't think it's ever been established that Windu turned into one. (Again, apologies if he turned up in Rebels or Resistance as one, I haven't watched those either.)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Robert Rodriguez’s directorial flair was in full display in this episode, the most violent yet I think.
I always wondered what could be done with a Gaffi stick and if people (particularly Sand People) did more than just shout while holding them over their heads. Now we know and it’s bad ass.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can't be Mace Windu, he died at the end of ROTS. Unless it's his Force-ghost? But I don't think it's ever been established that Windu turned into one. (Again, apologies if he turned up in Rebels or Resistance as one, I haven't watched those either.)
The only chronological appearance of Mace Windu after he died is in The Rise Of Skywalker when he's one of the Jedi who speak to Rey before she destroys Palpatine.

I always wondered what could be done with a Gaffi stick and if people (particularly Sand People) did more than just shout while holding them over their heads. Now we know and it’s bad ass.
You'd have been more worried for Luke if you had known.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If you're referring to the very first EU books by Tim Zahn, it was some sort of sloth/ferret like creatures who naturally exuded a null-Force zone, within with the Force did not exist/didn't work. (I still haven't watched Clone Wars, so apologies if Thrawn there had an actual inanimate device.)

Yes, I was referring to those books (now nearly 30 years old!) and deduced that he'd had some way to mechanize the dampening effect by now.

Also, we don't see Mace Windu die. We see him fall out of a window. Plenty of Jedi have survived worse. Samuel Jackson has said repeatedly he'd love to return to Star Wars, albeit with a likely mechanical hand. (Jedi must get a discount on these by buying in bulk.)

I remember being a kid and people mispronouncing his name as Boba Fat.

The very first mention I ever saw of Boba Fett was in Starlog magazine around the time of the Star Wars Holiday Special, and there was a typo in the article, which referred to him as "Boba Ftt," which I pronounced "fttttt." That's what my friends and I called him until the action figure was released some months later. Strangely, when the toy was announced as "Boba Fett," I thought that was a typo, since I'd been calling him "ftttt" all this time.

I can't believe Mando's method of transport is now the Slave 1, with Boba Fett and Ming-Na on his team. The show surprises in the best ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks