What's new

The Man in the Glass Booth (1975) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
178039_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I never saw any of the AFT presentations, even on t.v. There are only fourteen of them between 1973-1975, and they garnered mixed reviews. A few, such as A DELICATE BALANCE with Paul Scofield, Katharine Hepburn and Lee Remick, were actually poorly received by critics and the public. This one...I don't know. Maltin gives it 2 1/2, and says author Robert Shaw took his name off the film credits. But he says Schell is good, and that is enough of an endorsement for me. An interesting experiment that only partially worked, apparently.

Last edited:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Been looking for this for a very long time, probably a purchase for me, although price is bit higher than i would like to pay.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I never saw any of the AFT presentations, even on t.v. There are only fourteen of them between 1973-1975, and they garnered mixed reviews. A few, such as A DELICATE BALANCE with Paul Scofield, Katherine Hepburn and Lee Remick, were actually poorly received by critics and the public. This one...I don't know. Maltin gives it 2 1/2, and says author Robert Shaw took his name off the film credits. But he says Schell is good, and that is enough of an endorsement for me. An interesting experiment that only partially worked, apparently.

Katharine

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have this on DVD but have not seen it in a very long time. I think it is a solid film, feels very much like a play, and Schell throws himself at his part with total abandon. I would say if you have an interest it is well worth seeing.

WilliamMcK

Second Unit
Real Name
Biff
I saw this for the first time within the past year... I thought it was quite good. I've liked most of the AFT productions I've seen... The Iceman Cometh (my favorite... and also my favorite American play), Butley, A Delicate Balance, and The Homecoming are the ones that I'm most familiar with.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oops. Corrected. Guess I've been misspelling her name forever. Thanks.

You're not the only one. Funny story about that. She was known to have mail returned to senders marked that there was no one at that address with that name if the letter was addressed to "Katherine Hepburn". Love the sense of humor. I imagine she would have been fun to hang out with :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If I'm remembering correctly, her name was misspelled "Katherine" in the end credit crawl on her first film A Bill of Divorcement.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
(Just sitting here quietly, pretending I've known this all along...)

Last edited:

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I love the AFT films, especially the epic ICEMAN COMETH with Lee Marvin and Robert Ryan. MAN IN THE GLASS BOOTH is pretty good, Schell puts in a great performance. I have the old Kino box set that includes all of the films. I hope these are new transfers, as the prints used on the DVDs needed some work (dirt and damage in some instances). Even if they're not perfect, I'll take 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks