What's new

The Man From Laramie coming from Twilight Time in 2014 (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
John Hermes said:
Too bad we have to wait that long but I look forward to it.
It might be released in Europe earlier . . . . and at a lower price. The Rains Of Ranchipur has set a precedent.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
It may well be released elsewhere, indeed I hope it is, but at least now we have a guaranteed release of this movie on BD courtesy of Twilight Time :)

It's been a long time since I've seen The Man from Laramie. Never owned it on DVD, so I'll be eager to pick this up when it's out.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
ManFromLaramie-1955-Columbia-quad.jpg

The Man From Laramie will look spectacular in hi-def.

Columbia owns The Last Frontier (1955) as well. It may not be regarded as a great western but it is a very interesting one starring Victor Mature. I'd like to see that get the 4K treatment as well.

Anyhow, this is good news and something to look forward to.
LastFrontier-1955-Columbia-card-resized.jpg

Real Name
Wilbur Post
I really like "The Last Frontier", too - the relationship between Victor Mature and Anne Bancroft is unusual to say the least.
Great that "Laramie" will be getting the deluxe treatment. I think Grover Crisp is responsible for the transfers of "Major Dundee", "Jubal" and "3:10 to Yuma" - which are all excellent.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
That is good news. I'm also hoping for a European release. I just ordered the European counterpart of one of Twilight Time's Sony releases for half the price that Screen Archives is charging. Maybe there's hope for Glenn Ford in Cowboy?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Mark-P said:
That is good news. I'm also hoping for a European release. I just ordered the European counterpart of one of Twilight Time's Sony releases for half the price that Screen Archives is charging. Maybe there's hope for Glenn Ford in Cowboy?
Which European release was that?

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
PatrickDA said:
Fantastic!!!! First (complete) Mann film on blu-ray in the US?
Actually I believe the first Anthony Mann film on Blu-ray in the US is Olive's release of STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT. I watched the disc a month or two back and it's a decent little B picture, though done in somewhat by a poor male lead and an abbreviated script.

THE MAN FROM LARAMIE will definitely be the first good Anthony Mann film on Blu-ray though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks