1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Man from Hong Kong! Stunt Rock! Kung-Fu Killers! All coming to Blu? AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Tony J Case, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Tony J Case

Tony J Case Cinematographer

So I'm preordering the Vestron Videos from diabolik when I spot in the "Coming Soon" section, the Brian Trenchard-Smith classic flick The Man from Hong Kong, coming from Umbrella Entertainment.

It's got Jimmy Wang from Master of the Flying Guillotine and George "I Gave Up James Bond" Lazenby as the bad guy and is one of the best 70's exploitation flicks I've had the pleasure of seeing. Seriously, check out this trailer:

Yes, it's absolutely worth your time!

But then doing some research, I found the included extras:
    -DEATHCHEATERS (feature) plus Audio Commentary featuring BRIAN TRENCHARD-SMITH

-STUNT ROCK (feature) plus Audio Commentary featuring BRIAN TRENCHARD-SMITH Promo & Reel Theatrical Trailer
    -KUNG-FU KILLERS (feature)
    -DANGERFREAKS (feature) plus Theatrical Trailer
    -THE STUNTMEN (feature)

SIX GODDAMNED FANTASTIC GRINDHOUSE FLICKS all in one package?!? How amazing is that? Hell for Stunt Rock alone, I'd gladly pay 30 bucks!

I am so there!

2. Bernard McNair

Bernard McNair Second Unit

Bernard McNair
    A great over the top fun movie. Love the theme song "Sky High"!!

3. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    I'd be cautious. Umbrella's ROAD GAMES appears to have issues - lossy audio soundtrack but lossless commentary track, scanned a print instead of something closer to the neg, questionable colors... Etc, etc. Those other films will likely be SD too.

4. Tony J Case

Yaknow, I think I'm okay with that. Would I like a super sexy HD 4K print? Of course. Would a not quite as sexy Blu edition be a step up from where I am now (IE - nothing at all)? Absolutely.

It's a low budget 70's grindhouse film(s) - they're never going to look fantastic no matter how much remastering goes into them. I'd be happy with a print that looks "Eh, that's fine".

SAhmed likes this.
  5. Raul Marquez

Raul Marquez Supporting Actor

Raul H. Marquez, MD
    I've been searching for this one for decades! Love the title song: SKY HIGH by Jigsaw. On the diabolik site it states that this blu-ray is: "newly remastered 1080p HD release from an exclusive 4K transfer". Does anyone have an idea as to a release date?

SAhmed likes this.
  6. Tony J Case

Diabolik doesn't have a release date, but both Umbrella Ent and Bloody Disgusting say October 5th. We'll probably see it sometime in the states mid/late October?

7. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I would LOVE to see STUNT ROCK on Blu-Ray.