The Making Of "Do They Know It's Christmas"???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Andrew Radke, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    One of my all-time favourite Christmas songs is "Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid which was produced by Bob Geldof in 1984 and contained a bevy of artists from that era. I remember back then, there was a "making-of" documentary which chronicled the events leading up to (and including) the production of the song. This was released on VHS back in the 80's. I'm wondering if any of you actually remember this documentary, as well as whether or not you'd be interested in a DVD release. I know the VHS tape contained both the documentary and the actual music video of "Do They Know It's Christmas.

To me, this would be a great nostalgia piece. I was 7 years old when I first saw this in '84, and would love to see it again. It's indeed interesting to see the pop idols of that era, including George Michael (with Wham), The Police, Phil Collins, Bananarama, etc.)

Every time I hear this song around the holiday season, it instantly puts me in a good mood.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts about this documentary. I'm willing to bet it'll probably never see the light of day on DVD, but I hope someday I'm wrong.

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    This would sure be a great extra on the Live-Aid DVD.

3. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

I was also hoping this will be on the Live Aid set. I still have the Beta version I bought way back then. It wonderfully captures that particular moment in time in popular music.

C