1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Magic Trackpad 2

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Johnny Angell, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    When I went to my imac one morning this week I found this:
    upload_2018-9-13_11-10-28.

It seems one of my cats pulled some objects down from a shelf and the heavy object (of course) struck the pad and I ended up with this. It still worked, even to some degree where the worts damage was done. I checked ifixit dot com and they had a tear down video but not a kit to fix it. Googling didn't show any fix for it.

I checked Apple and they've got the version 2 for the low, low price of $129. It is about an inch wider and nearly identical vertically in size. It has a rechargeable battery via the lightening port. without the AA battery compartment, the angle of the surface is less than the original.

I like the new angle and really like the extra real estate. When I said the vertical dimension was identical, I was referring only to the pad area. The new one seems more precise, I think I'm location the cursor with much easier. It has the ability to detect the "force" with which a gesture is made, but I haven't got into that yet.

Over all, I'm happy with it, except for the price. Here's a pic of the two:
    upload_2018-9-13_11-29-5.

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I have one for my iMac. It’s a brilliant pad. I only wish the ForceTouch had real macOS usefulness.

Johnny Angell likes this.