What's new

The Lucy Show - Season 5 - Dec. 6, 2011 (1 Viewer)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I wish all those horrible public domain releases would disappear from store shelves and online retailers now! I would have bought it regardless, but great to hear "Lucy in London" is included so the die-hard fans won't cry foul.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Randy Korstick said:
Great news on Lucy in London being included. Now I wish we could get an annoucement on Here's Lucy: Season 5
Me too! They were quick at showing the cover art of season five but ever since then it has been silent. I guess they are trying coordinate with The Lucy Show releases?

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
ONE more day left and the wait will be OVER! Here's a review I spotted for this DVD set: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/thelucyshowseason5dvdreview.html

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I just bet that the removed music cues were something CBS would have had no problem retaining, but they were too lazy to do so. Plain and simple.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
vnisanian2001 said:
I just bet that the removed music cues were something CBS would have had no problem retaining, but they were too lazy to do so. Plain and simple.
The people in charge of producing "The Lucy Show" season sets are anything but lazy. They go way beyond the extra mile in putting together a package that does this show proud, because they are huge fans themselves. I am sure they did everything they could to get these episodes complete and the fact that they succeeded 99% of the time is staggering when you consider how much musical material is in these later seasons.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I was mainly implying most CBS sets in general. It seems that in those in cases, they don't even try, and I hate it when apologists (not gonna say who they are), try to justify their actions.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If they go the extra mile, what stopped them here? I think it's safe to say most people would have taken fewer bonus items if that could have left a bigger budget for making sure NOTHING was cut. Sure strikes me as funny how an episode can appear uncut on a public domain set yet the official company can't do the same. And yes, we know how bad CBS has been in cases where they truly made no effort or didn't care like "The Odd Couple" in particular, which I wish had generated as much of an uproar as "The Fugitive" did.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Jack P said:
If they go the extra mile, what stopped them here? I think it's safe to say most people would have taken fewer bonus items if that could have left a bigger budget for making sure NOTHING was cut. Sure strikes me as funny how an episode can appear uncut on a public domain set yet the official company can't do the same. And yes, we know how bad CBS has been in cases where they truly made no effort or didn't care like "The Odd Couple" in particular, which I wish had generated as much of an uproar as "The Fugitive" did.
I'm sure what stopped them was the CBS legal department. Sometimes it's not a question of money, but of tangled rights or other messy legal issues. And a lot of the bonus extras were were done despite the budget limitations because the guys putting this together just wanted to do it right, whether the budget permitted it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks