"The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" - Wierd...just wierd

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott McGillivray, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

Okay, I must admit I just don't understand the idea behind the move "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra". I think that the producers were trying re-create a really bad black and white horror movie and have fun with it. But from looking at the trailer, it just looks bad. I don't see any humour there at all. It is maybe trying to be like "Young Frankenstein" but...ah...I just don't get it.

Check it out here:

Lost Skeleton

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I found at least the first half hilarious, but I think it only works as a parody trailer. As a full-length feature? I don't think so. The trailer kind of ran out of gas around the time the aliens do their dance.

But, if there's a market for parody trailers, this one could be a winner with a little work. Also, the vintage-style poster is great.

"Aliens? Us? Is this one of your Earth jokes?" [​IMG]

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I think this would end up like Kung Pow. Where the only people that thought the movie as a whole was funny were the people that made the movie.

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I laughed. I don't know if they could actually do it and not have it work out to be Shite. Actually, I could.. except they don't have Joel Hodgson as a screenwriter.

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Hey, someone beat me to this one! [​IMG] It looks kinda funny!

Check out the flick's website:

www.lostskeleton.com

6. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

I don't know if it's going to be any good or not. It looks like it might make a good double-feature with Eight-Legged Freaks.

The endearing thing about the old movies The Lost skeleton of Cadavra is emulating/spoofing (or whatever) is that they really tried to be decent. They weren't made badly on purpose, just to be bad. Even the cheapest, most exploitative, quickie thriller had a story to tell, and the makers used whatever they had at hand, be it a gorilla suit with a diver's helmet on top, or a large boom mike covered in fake fur to look like a giant spider leg. The story may or may not have been worth telling, and the movie may or may not have been worth making and seeing, but no one started out with the express intent of making a BAD film. Generally.

This movie might be sunk already simply because it seems to just want to try and look like a really, really, really bad movie, with zero redeeming qualities.

I know I'm not being very articulate. I do like the look of the trailer, but not the contents of the trailer.

This whole thing reminded me of one of my very favorite Onion articles [​IMG]:

Archaeological Dig Uncovers Ancient Race Of Skeleton People

AL JIZAH, EGYPT—A team of British and Egyptian archaeologists made a stunning discovery Monday, unearthing several intact specimens of "skeleton people"—skinless, organless humans who populated the Nile delta region an estimated 6,000 years ago.

"This is an incredible find," said Dr. Christian Hutchins, Oxford University archaeologist and head of the dig team. "Imagine: At one time, this entire area was filled with spooky, bony, walking skeletons."

"The implications are staggering," Hutchins continued. "We now know that the skeletons we see in horror films and on Halloween are not mere products of the imagination, but actually lived on Earth."

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer