What's new

The Lost Room (miniseries) (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Have you guys seen the promos for this that they are running with Battlestar Galactica? I usually love SciFi's winter miniseries anyway, but this one looks particularly interesting - I'm already suckered into it - it looks sort of like it's maybe the Fugitive mixed with some of the elements of Lost - like what happened in that room? How many other objects are there?

I'm curious, for sure! Anyone have any scoop on this?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'm interested in this too, especially since it stars Peter Krause (Nate Fisher).

Does anyone the schedule? How many parts or episodes? Which nights? Several in a row or one each Monday?

Thanks for any info.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thanks for mentioning this -- I never watch Sci-Fi Channel and wasn't aware of it, but I'll be there for Peter Krause!

Found a review at the Philadelphia Inquirer -- it runs 12/11 to 12/13. While it didn't mention the length, someone on a forum said it's 2 hours each night.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes. Just looked at sci-fi.com at the schedule. 3 Parts, 2 hours each night, Mon, Tue & Wed. Repeats at 11pm & 1am. Also at 7pm on Tue & Wed, they will repeat the previous days part.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
So, anyone watch? I thought it was pretty cool. Very twilight zone feeling. Glad they didn't do a series as the concept should be wrapped up nicely in 6 hrs.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty good as well. As someone who didn't watch Six Feet Under though, it was a little weird seeing Casey McCall in a completely serious role.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Dakota's sister doesn't have the acting ability that she does. That was her sister right?

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Fanning the Other at least sounds like a child. Dakota always makes me think of Alia from Dune, where a little girl has an adult soul in her.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I just figured out who the forensic guy is. It was bugging me that he looked so familiar. Dennis Christopher recently in Deadwood and he played Dave Stoller in Breaking away.

Still liking the show.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I've been watching, too - I'm really enjoying it so far. I think they're doing a good job connecting all the plot points and I really like the objects. I also like that the objects powers, except for the key, are not what you'd expect from the ******. I mean, who would have thought the comb would have stopped time? Or that the nail file can put people to sleep? It's smart as it provides a reason why the objects/their powers can remain hidden, plus it's just cool as its unexpected

Peter Krause remains awesome.

What do you guys thing the Horrible Event in the room was that made it disappear?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I liked it, but I was just a little disappointed in the very end. Seemed to me like in order to set themselves up for the possibility of a continuing TV series, that they had to break the rules that they set up for themselves. For one, when the door closed, the key should have went back to its position in the room, instead of staying on the same spot on the floor. Secondly, the door shouldn't have been able to reappear without being purposely opened from the inside, or by being opened by the key.

Basically it seems like they worked so hard to set up these rules for how things work on the show, and then tossed that aside at the end to allow the chance for more.

The woman who worked for the police seemed to be a filler character as well, they really could have done without her.

I did like it overall, but it could have been better. I think Dexter has spoiled me where as someone else on this forum put it, everyone has their story fleshed out very clearly as opposed to being one-dimensional. I was a little worried that this would turn into a time-travel story, so I'm glad that wasn't the case as well.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I thought "The Lost Room" was rather engrossing. This is the first time I've seen actor Peter Krause since the "Sports Night" re-runs on Comedy Central. It was also nice to see John Beasley in Part 2. It'll be interesting to see if Sci-Fi turns this into a series (depending on, of course, if the ratings are high enough).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

This is true of all the cast from Six Feet Under.

Michael C. Hall is fantastic as DEXTER.

And Jeremy Sisto has been doing an awesome job on KIDNAPPED. It is too bad that show did not catch on in the ratings.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think that was ultimately to the detriment of the mini-series. They worked so hard to create this complex interlocking mythology, and then we don't really get any payoff from it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
The occupant, Ed something, looked kinda like Nathan Filion. But the character is not listed in IMDB or on Sci-Fi's website.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Funny, throughout the miniseries I kept thinking that Peter Krause (who I've never seen before) sounded like Nathan Fillion with a bit of Matt Frewer thrown in.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It made it harder to tell, with the eye-patch. But the nose, the mouth and the eyes, even the profile in the car, I sure thought it was him.I said it once I saw him in the polaroid, my wife didn't agree with me, but I sure think it looked like him.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Dredging this up from the bowels of time.

A buddy of mine suggested I give the show a chance because we have similar tastes in SciFi and Fantasy. So I rented the DVD's. I have only the last show to go and Wow is this show good! I'm really surprised. I had seen the commercials when it was first going to air but thought it looked cheesy so I never gave it a second thought.

But now....I'm really hooked. I find it to be "smart" and well acted. It's much better than a lot of the drivel that's on the SciFi channel now.

I don't know who directed it, produced it or wrote it but I have to give them all 2 thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks