What's new

The Lost Boys 2 Disc Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
I read over on the digital bits, that Warner Bros. had a press release of upcoming titles for region 2 in 2004.
Among titles like Heat,Goodfellas, and Enter The Dragon getting the 2 disc treatment,one of the best cult movies of the 80's 'The Lost Boys' will be a 2 Disc Special Edition title.

Hopefully they completely drop the full frame pan & scam version, and give this baby commentaries(it would be really cool to see a visual commentary like 'The Goonies')restored, remastered print and remixed DD5.1 & dts audio(Like 'True Romance: SE)

As far as the second disc, I can't imagine, nor can I wait to see what treasures they have up their sleeves for this great, great movie.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated!!

And hopefully this comes out in Region 1 in the same timeframe.........

Rob T

Screenwriter
I would definitely sell the flipper that I got and get the 2-disc set if it came out in R1! :emoji_thumbsup:

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Don't expect a DTS track since Warner doesn't do DTS (anymore). True Romance has DTS because of Morgan Creek.
However, I'm sure the SE will be great, so far I've been quite happy with Warner's 2 disc output (some minor quibbles aside).

Chris

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
Any specs for this yet?

F the '97 SE's of Star Wars.....bring on the 2-Disc set of 'The Lost Boys':D

And please, no full-screen version included this time:thumbsdown:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would LOVE a remastered 2-disc SE
of The Lost Boys.

Hey, I'm always the last to realize these things,
but am I wrong in assuming that the kid that played
the leader in THE LOST BOYS is the same guy who plays
Sam in Lord Of The Rings?

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
No. Actually, I'm not sure what you mean by Leader, either.

Jason Patric played the older brother-turned vampire
Corey Haim played the younger brother who fought vampires.
Kiefer Sutherland was the big meanie Teenage Vampire.

Sean Astin was the guy who played Samwise..He was in "the Goonies." Him and Corey Haim look pretty similar at the same ages.

I always thought this was a great little flick. Glad to see it's getting a 2 disc. Althought I recently picked up Enter The Dragon a while ago--now there might need to be double dipping going on...dang.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Yeah, sorry.
I meant the leader of THE GOONIES film.

Always get those two films mixed up.
Silly me. :) Thanks

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I lived on Alhambra St for a semester or two, the year after they filmed I think. That's near the railroad bridge which in real life is next to the amusement park.

Definately the kind of movie that anyone who lived there would want to have, just for fun.

Interesting town in both real life, and as whatever they named it in Lost Boys...not sure I'd want to live there again, but the people sure are interesting!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
For someone who doesn't care about extras, is there anything wrong with the current disc? I see it's anamorphic and got a decent PQ review from Widescreen Advocate. I've never seen this movie OAR, but it's the type of movie I'll pretty much drop everything to watch when it's on cable. Given that, it's probably time I owned the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks