What's new

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King official Region 1 cover artwork (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Ah, yes, that was it, Craig S. The larger picture and your explanation puts that odd image I had to rest!

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

September.

I'll be buying this but I don't know if I'll watch it when it comes out or after I see the EE. I hated the theatrical cut of TTT and I've heard ROTK didn't fair much better.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I've got the sickness too and will be double dipping like I did on the previous two movies. I'll say to myself that I won't, but then when I see the theatrical version DVD for $15.99 I'll "fool myself" by rationalizing that since I'll buy the upcoming Gift set which will include a $10 rebate, it's really like paying only $5.99 for the theatrical DVD, and that's barely more than a rental...and yup, I'll walk out of Best Buy with the first DVD on release date. :D

KyleG

Stunt Coordinator
so, we know for sure (or, at least, as certainly as we can without an official announcement) that it's May for theatrical, September for Extended. I've seen these dates posted so matter-of-factly, but I haven't heard anything more than unsubstantiated rumors so far. And I've been keeping up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

By the way, first time poster, long time reader here. Thanks for helping me keep my DVD obsession as informed as it can be!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

KyleG:

The only thing I can speculate on is New Line is waiting until the Oscars are over before releasing the dates. Once the Oscars are done(02/29) we should hear more definative info in the days following.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Humorous, and certainly notable, but I've never cracked up. :) Anyways, back to discussing the ROTK DVD artwork...:)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Well, according to the Digital Bits today/yesterday--there was a promotional flyer/poster thing at the Toy Fair that said there was going to be a LOTR DVD Box set in 2005. That was pretty much expected. What was unexpected was that Digital Bits says they expect a BONUS disk to ship with that box set, extras including (but not limited to) deleted scenes that weren't inserted into the extended edition.

If that comes true--I hope they have some sort of mail-in offer for the rest of us who bought the other 3 ee's. I thought one of the New Line executives said the trilogy box set wouldn't have any new material on it? I could have sworn he was quoted in one of the many LOTR threads on this forum.

check Digital Bits for more detail, as I know I mangled it in my paraphrasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks