What's new

The Loop - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
This is coming soon, time to start this one up!

I loved the first season - my main thought was that I wish they'd focus on the office sections of the show, which the producers apparantly agreed with since the show has been refocused along those lines.

Season 2 looks to be a short one as well, for the summer of 07, but hopefully if it does well we could get a complete season 3 on the Fox schedule of Jan-May 08.

It really comes down to the fact that I'd watch anything with Philip Baker Hall yelling at people.

anyone else excited about this one?

Rocky F

Second Unit
My wife and I enjoyed the first season, but I was actually quite suprised when I heard it had been renewed for a second season. I don't know exactly how many episodes were shot for this year, hopefully 13, so it can run throughout the summer. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a third season though as both Bret Harrison and Eric Christian Olsen are shooting pilots for next year. We'll know if either of those shows are picked up before Loop Season 2 even starts.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Well Fox had said that the home life of the character was going to be scaled back or dropped in favor of focusing on the work side (good move IMO) so ECO leaving wouldn't kill the show neccessarially

Brett Harrison leaving would of course lol

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's the start of the season 2 burn-off of The Loop episodes at 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. EDT on Fox.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gawd, loving the addition of Diora Baird to the cast.

I love this first episode. Darcy's R2D2 was hilarious. Funny stuff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sam hopped up on steroid - at least Bret Harrison commits totally to the scenes, he was out of control with those roid-rage moments.

It only took them 2 episode to get Diora into a bikini. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Both episodes were pretty darn funny.

What was with all of the censoring? Like the bluring of the finger and bagel. Is that because it was meant to be for primetime on a weekday?

Also, was anyone else's Fox affiliate screwing up by showing it cropped to 4x3? This show looks so great in HD with all of the vibrant colors, I hate when the station screws it up like that.

Agree on the addition of Diora. For a second I thought they got rid of Darcy which would have been a huge mistake. Glad they didn't. :)

I guess they did take out most of the 'at home' stuff and are going to keep it mostly at work. At least the brother is still around. I about died when he hulked out in the boardroom smashing the bottle. Great stuff. :D

The new speed talking, cocky, rapping in the elevator guy is pretty far out there, but he does have some pretty good lines.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
My wife and I loved the first season. Ive only seen the first episode of the 2nd season so far. Diora Baird was certainly a plus. However, we miss the shenanigans that happened at home, his brother and the 2 girls. It was a nice balance, I'm not so sure they took the show in the right direction. And if that guy is supposed to be on steroids, he really should get some muscle.

Although, anytime I hear "The Gun Show" line referring to a front double bicep pose, it kills me every time. I actually have a t-shirt that says "Welcome to the Gun Show" that has a stick figure with balloon like biceps. Its great.

Perhaps the blurring was to make you think he was playing with himself briefly. make it seem worse than it was. Sort of like when Arrested Development blurred out Buster Bluth's supposed stump on his arm. Damn I miss that show. Now that was a great Fox show.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
What is the status of this show. Is it really just the burning off of un-aired episodes, or is it a new season?

Oh yea.. Did anyone else think the opening credits looked stunning in HD? I am still a newbie to HD and am still noticing a lot of stunning stuff. The animated opening credits simply looked awesome.

The don't make Elements very crash proof do they? LOL

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Yeah but if you crash a big merceedes like that in to a tiny little sh*tbox like that it's gonna get destroyed. That was about the best crash I've seen on TV, really felt it.

Scott - it is a new season, but since it's already been cancelled before it aired, it's still considered a burn off.

These two episodes are already kicking butt. Considering all the crap Fox has on, they kill their good shows, it's really frustrating. I think I just watch House and The Simpsons on Fox anymore...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brett Harrison (Sam) is starring in another show for the CW this fall (premise being his parents sell his soul to the devil), so The Loop is done, finito, el fin.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I totally forgot about this show and just stumbled on it last night. . .good stuff, especially the elevator guy and that Baird chick (for completely different reasons). :) I loved "I've done things you can't even draw."

Too bad it's a goner.

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
The HDTV looked great, especially showing off the receptionist's assets!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

The blurring and bleeping are just stupid. So much for Fox being the network that pushes the envelope. I will enjoy these episodes and lament the show being cancelled.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow I didn't know it was cancelled, what a shame.

"You had me up to colon" - "I would love to have you up to your colon....sorry I'm bad at this dirty talk" :D

So how many episodes are we going to get?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
10 episodes, 8 left (2 this Sunday, then 3 each of the next 2 Sundays).

While yesterday's episodes weren't as funny as last season IMO, they were still decent. I could think of worse ways to spend 45 minutes. I'll watch the rest of the episodes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

what guy?

the elevator guy is just a nut, not on steroids.

sam wasnt "on" "'roids" he just took some during this show to earn money to buy a new bike.

i loved these first 2 eps.
just about fell out of my chair laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks