What's new

The Longest Day - anamorphic?? (1 Viewer)

Terry H

Second Unit
This movie is being re-released at a lower price point under the "fox war classics" banner. Amazon indicates that this is an anamorphic transfer which would mean this is truly a new release and not just a lower MSRP. However, Image Link Removed indicates it is NOT anamorphic which would seem to indicate it is the same old thing in a new package. Anyone know?

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I've too noticed this at Amazon and was wondering. Does ANYone know the answer to this question???
[Edited last by Geo Gabor on October 15, 2001 at 02:23 PM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
To the best of my knowledge, this is just a repackaging under the Fox War Classics banner.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Alan,
I recall this song in your signature quite well from the Summer of 1966. It was banned from most radio stations after only a week or two. I guess Political Correctness was alive & well back in the mid 60s. The flip side to this single was the song played backwards.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I had the R1 non-anamorphic before but sold it and
got the UK R2 which was anamorphic and a 2 disc set
for almost the same price.
It contains:
- Theatrical Trailers for 'The Longest Day', 'Patton' and 'Tora! Tora! Tora!'.
- Documentary 'D-Day Re-visited' (51 mins).
IMHO, the picture quality is pretty much the same, not that
much difference.
------------------

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO, the picture quality is pretty much the
same, not that much difference.
I have never seen the R1 but I bought the R2 Benelux edition for it's 16x9 transfer. It looks good but I expected it to be just an interpolated transfer which your comments more or less confirm.
I posted a thread some time ago if FOX would redo it in 16x9 and with a DTS track like they did for some other titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks