What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
One of the most enduring figures of the American New Wave era (New Hollywood), Robert Altman was one of Hollywood’s most non-conformist filmmakers. With a use of overlapping dialogue, a highly mobile camera and subversive attitude to the genres he tackled, Altman created a complex and dynamic body of work including the likes of M*A*S*H (1970), McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971), Nashville (1975) and The Player (1992), just to name a few. Following on the heels of his only horror film, Images (1972), the director took on the noir genre with an adaptation of Raymond Chandler’s The Long Goodbye. Kino had previously released the movie on Blu-ray – via a distribution deal with MGM – in 2015, but the label has revisited the movie for a brand new release.

The Long Goodbye (1973)

Released: 08 Mar 1973
Rated: R
Runtime: 112 min

Director: Robert Altman
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
I've always loved the film and always been disappointed by the distorted optical track. I finally realized when I bought the Blu-ray that the opening music, THE LONG GOODBYE song, is deliberately distorted as from a crackly disc and not a casuality of the presentation.

I've seen it many times, both in the cinema and at home, so won't be buying this new edition but for anyone who hasn't seen it I strongly recommend you buy it as it's a marvellous film and essential for Robert Atman admirers. And in case you don't know SITTING BULL'S HISTORY LESSON ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks