What's new

The Lonely Lady (1983) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
175378_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
What? You're not thrilled at the opportunity to see Pia Zadora in high definition? Hey, from SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS to THE LONELY LADY is quite a career curve.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
What? You're not thrilled at the opportunity to see Pia Zadora in high definition? Hey, from SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS to THE LONELY LADY is quite a career curve.

Heheh. It was meant as an homage, honest! That's the "line" that wins her a screenwriting Oscar in the movie! :rolleyes:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I remember seeing this at the movies, I was only 19 and thought it was godawful

Oh it's terrible! Like most horndog teens coming of age in the early-mid 80's, I first saw it on HBO. I came for the promise of sex on screen and stayed for the lunatic camp moments. I'd never buy it but, truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Oh it's terrible! Like most horndog teens coming of age in the early-mid 80's, I first saw it on HBO. I came for the promise of sex on screen and stayed for the lunatic camp moments. I'd never buy it but, truth be told, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
Oh, yes. Pia Zandora is kind of unique in that she starred in a series of films that are so dreadful one can't help but watch them again! Also, which I think is part of the appeal, many of her films (& I would include THE BUTTERFLY in this regard) are simultaneously High Camp train wrecks while also being strangely subversive.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
many of her films (& I would include THE BUTTERFLY in this regard) are simultaneously High Camp train wrecks while also being strangely subversive.

I must admit I haven't seen BUTTERFLY and never really cared to (is it just a wild west version of BABY DOLL?) Should I?

I can honestly say the only Pia Zadora movie I own is HAIRSPRAY which owes little to her appearance in it, lol.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I must admit I haven't seen BUTTERFLY and never really cared to (is it just a wild west version of BABY DOLL?) Should I?.

While Butterfly is hardly mandatory viewing, it does contain one of Ennio Morricone's very best scores. But you can buy the soundtrack album and listen to the score without sitting through the movie. Aside from Morricone's score, there's a nice performance by Lois Nettleton as Zadora's mother. Other than that, the film is a mess!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
While Butterfly is hardly mandatory viewing, it does contain one of Ennio Morricone's very best scores. But you can buy the soundtrack album and listen to the score without sitting through the movie. Aside from Morricone's score, there's a nice performance by Lois Nettleton as Zadora's mother. Other than that, the film is a mess!
The film is such a mess that I really like it. They get everything wrong, but somehow, while the film goes completely off the rails, the way in which all the elements fall apart, illuminates many of the themes of James Cain's novel in really interesting ways. Then again, I find that all of Matt Climber's films I've seen, while unsuccessful, fail in ways that resonate. Now Will Krupp, I'm not necessarily recommending this film to you, I'd have to see it again. And I don't know if that's something I want to do. So if you do see BUTTERFLY & hate the film, please don't blame me. However, I do recall the film being so awful that it possessed a strange kind of integrity.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The film is such a mess that I really like it. They get everything wrong, but somehow, while the film goes completely off the rails, the way in which all the elements fall apart, illuminates many of the themes of James Cain's novel in really interesting ways. Then again, I find that all of Matt Climber's films I've seen, while unsuccessful, fail in ways that resonate. Now Will Krupp, I'm not necessarily recommending this film to you, I'd have to see it again. And I don't know if that's something I want to do. So if you do see BUTTERFLY & hate the film, please don't blame me. However, I do recall the film being so awful that it possessed a strange kind of integrity.

I've seen Butterfly (1982) on cable and couldn't resist checking it out again on Amazon Prime (or was it Vudu) for free.

Pia Zadora is quite easy on the male eye (and LGBT female eye as well) but like you say, the movie is gawd-awful. Would make excellent MST3K/RiffTrax material if they did sexualized Westerns. Pia Zadora was a sensual goddess to me back in my late USMC and early college days so I might bite on The Lonely Lady (1983) just for her. But now I have other priorities, like how I'm going to pay for two big cruises in 2018 for my wife (and she's a looker as well :D ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks