What's new

The Lone Ranger on WB... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see the WB version of The Lone Dawson? It was ok, but definitely had that WB teen-angst, music video look to it. Although, everytime Wes Studi's shaman character talked I kept thinking of Wes' role in The Mystery Men. He basically played the same character even done to all of the mystical quotes.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Todd,

I watched The Lone Ranger last night because I want to support the WB and other networks that are supporting HD
(eventhough The Lone Ranger was not in HD).

The movie was a train wreck. It made me laugh at times but I don't think that was the intent. The music soundtrack was what really turned me off....none of the music fit. Even the overture at the end was horrible.

Maybe I'm just too old (45) to appreciate the 'younger' approach to this story.

-Gary

Rocky F

Second Unit
I heard it was bad, so I didn't watch it, and then this morning my father in law, and a good friend both said it was pretty good, so I might try to catch it if it reruns, but I don't really think I missed much.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I watched a portion of it and I thought it was pretty bad. The language and actions of the main characters were way to modern. Tonto's martial arts skills and "flying" weren't like anything I've seen attributed to Native Americans before. The music and visual effects were also badly used. It definitely was meant for the teeny-bopper audience WB typically aims for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks