What's new

The Lone Ranger (2013) (Blu-ray Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

51uqYkDs37L._SY300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They might as well sell the BD now as it looks like the critics are looking to make this film a box office bomb. Actually, the trailers don't look good either so the only thing they can hope for is the Johnny Depp fans.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Disgusting that they are flogging bds/dvds earlier and earlier. Don't they realize they are potentially sabotaging the theatrical take by doing this? I know they see it as taking in more money faster from home video sales, but c'mon!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
bgart13 said:
Disgusting that they are flogging bds/dvds earlier and earlier. Don't they realize they are potentially sabotaging the theatrical take by doing this? I know they see it as taking in more money faster from home video sales, but c'mon!
As a person that works in the theatre exhibition industry I used to agree with your statement. However as time has passed the big releases today are really 4 weeks in and the out in Theatres. This is not due to early home release announcements but the titles playing in three to four auditoriums in one complex for a couple of weeks. They are promoted as must see now and except for forums such as this, the release news is not really assimilated to the general public until after the main and sub-runs. I do not see any problem with early announcements, only a short release window.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
I remember when it used to take not mere weeks, but months and years to wait for official announcements from the studios about their first-run releases being made available on mainstream home video..."Star Wars" & "E.T." immediately come to mind...the fact that we now have such a quick turnover from first-run theatrical release to DVD/blu-ray is both amazing and gratifying to me when I recall that time...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ahollis said:
As a person that works in the theatre exhibition industry I used to agree with your statement. However as time has passed the big releases today are really 4 weeks in and the out in Theatres. This is not due to early home release announcements but the titles playing in three to four auditoriums in one complex for a couple of weeks. They are promoted as must see now and except for forums such as this, the release news is not really assimilated to the general public until after the main and sub-runs.I do not see any problem with early announcements, only a short release window.
Yeah, even huge hits like The Avengers seem to be old hat after about two weeks and people & the media are talking about whatever the new blockbuster of the week is.

Also, I'm pretty sure that these early listings are Amazon's doing rather than the studio (there's never specs or a release date or cover art). Since Amazon isn't earning off of the theatrical take, they couldn't care less what effect that it has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks