The Lon Chaney Chaney Collection Volume 2 rumors

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick McCart, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
  2. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    It seems too good to be true. I think we all expected another set but I'm having a hard time believing Warner would release five of his better known titles in one set. The last set had THE ACE OF HEARTS, which was a rare title that could sell with some better known ones. With the five listed they're all very well known; all titles that could sell. It looks like they'd throw a lesser known title on there because Vol. 3 and 4 might not sell as well without one of the bigger titles.

Either way, if those are the five titles then go ahead and give Warner Studio of the Year and DVD release of the year. [​IMG]

Edit to add: I just read the link and the "rumor" is coming from a Best Buy employee who told a guy that another set was coming. I replied to this person on another board yesterday.

3. Jerry O

Jerry O Extra

I hope Warner releases the set sooner than later. I need more Lon. [​IMG]

4. Danny Burk

Danny Burk Second Unit

Fantastic if the rumor is true. If it's not, perhaps it will give WB a good idea [​IMG]

5. Mario Gauci

Mario Gauci Cinematographer

I've only watched two of these myself - HE WHO GETS SLAPPED (1924) and THE UNHOLY THREE (1930) - so this set, if indeed it is coming, will be most welcome. However, I do think that Michael has a valid point that all of these are highly-requested Lon Chaney titles and that Warner Bros. will probably include one or two lesser titles into the mix when the time comes.

6. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Count me in for any and all Chaney releases.

I brought up the issue in the WB chat, and at the time there was no plans for any further Chaney sets, so if this is true, hopefully I had a little input in that.

I just watched "He Who Gets Slapped" on TCM about a month ago, and it was wonderful.