What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Little Rascals: The ClassicFlix Restorations, Volume 3 gives us more of what we crave: eleven more of Hal Roach’s masterful two-reel comedy shorts featuring his rascals in some of their funniest and most poignant adventures.

Spanky (1932)

Released: 26 Mar 1932
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 20 min

Director: Robert F. McGowan
Genre: Comedy, Family, Short

Cast: George 'Spanky' McFarland, Sherwood Bailey, Matthew 'Stymie' Beard
Writer(s): Hal Roach, H.M. Walker

Plot: While staging a play, Spanky finds his father's hiding place for the family "fortune."

IMDB rating: 7.9
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: ClassicFlix
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect...

Continue reading...

Scoundrel

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Tiny Lawrence was born on September 26, 1913 in Washington, USA as Lawrence Edward Steiner. He was an actor, known for Free Eats (1932). He died on November 25, 1958 in Washington.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Received mine yesterday and have watched four shorts already. ClassicFlix does such a wonderful job!

BTW, the first one I watched was Choo-Choo!. As I recall, it isn't one of Leonard Maltin's favorites because he feels the gang is too bratty and annoying to the adults, but it has to be one of the funniest of all time for me. And poor Dell "you make me so angry" Henderson, has to put up with so much abuse throughout. "Girls, he's a scream. We should put him in our act." Great stuff!

Thanks again. So enjoyable and highly recommended. Oh, and great review as always Matt.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I Got Mine Today !! :D They look So Good ! The MGM Lion Roaring is Beautiful ! Three down three to go. ;)
DSC00460.JPG
DSC00461.JPG

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Got mine. Most of the films look very nice. For some reason FREE EATS, Spanky's first, was smeary-looking. Personally, I'd rather see scratches than see something smeared. But, thank you CLASSICFLIX for lovingly restoring these.

Thank you for your support and kind words.

FYI - The "smeary" look, as you say, on FREE EATS is the result of the elements and not the restoration or color grading. We only had three elements available on it -- which I'd rate awful to atrocious -- and tested all three and chose the best.

We did all we could do with the elements and when compared to the DVD or any previous version it is still a huge upgrade.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks