What's new

Blu-ray Review The Lion King 3D: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

MyMilkshake

Auditioning
Real Name
Clif
I hope That I win this. I skipped seeing in the theater, since I really didn't want to see in 3-D. 2-D is fine enough for me. Although having the 3-D wouldn't hurt either. :D

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I haven't been able to pick this up.. my wife lost her job two weeks ago, so money is impossibly tight. So... yeah, I'd love to win it for her, since it's one of her favorites.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Congratulations to Jason, David Deeb and Brisby (Robert)

I'll send a PM asking for your address. If I don't get a response by 10/14 I will re-draw for your prize.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Finally saw it and it is indeed a beautiful looking disc. However, I do miss the theatrical 5.1 mix, which was included on the previous DVD release. I could not find it on the Blu-ray; is it indeed missing? I find the home theater mix (which I think the Blu-ray 7.1 mix is derived from) too loud in the rear channels at times and the balance between dialogue, music and effects to be less refined than the orig 5.1 mix.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
Felix Martinez said:
I find the home theater mix (which I think the Blu-ray 7.1 mix is derived from) too loud in the rear channels at times and the balance between dialogue, music and effects to be less refined than the orig 5.1 mix.
Agree. For some, Hollywood is becoming obsessed, when doing a re-mix, with putting dialogue in all THREE front speakers while song vocals bypass the center channel altogether. This results in a unbalanced and presentation especially, if like me, your HT does not have a center seat. It's really annoying to see characters dead center on the screen and their voices coming from the left or right. It's poor sound mixing period and needs to stop. Whatever happened to DISCRETE surround sound? Personally, I found the surround channels to be evenly balanced on my system. In fact the whole movie sounded identical to the current theatrical presentation, which is not a good thing. Why didn't Disney just use the 2003 Disney Home Theater mix which was done by the film's original sound mixer and had properly centered vocals for both dialogue and music. In fact, I pulled my DVD just to confirm this fact. Not to mention the DVD has MUCH greater surround presence, everything is balanced perfectly and precisley and surprisngly, the bass is TWICE as deep as the DTS-MA mix! So, I'm in the process of ripping the soundtrack from the DVD and will run it in sync with the blu-ray from now on. Alas, it's the only solution at this time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Rock on! Thanks a bunch, Adam and HTF and Disney. This was a great surprise to come home to after being gone all weekend sans computer.

Now I'm gonna have the soundtrack in my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks