What's new

Blu-ray Review The Lion King 3D: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I totally want to win a copy of THE LION KING. Here's a question for obsessive compulsives like me: anybody else super annoyed that Best Buy's exclusive case (which, to be fair, is really nice) doesn't have enough spots for all the discs? It was the same with their TOY STORY 3 case. It has three disc slots. So I either have to buy the four disc and jettison the "Digital Copy" disc (which I generally don't do), or I have to buy the two disc and just have an empty disc holder inside. Its a real "not problem," but it bugs me nonetheless. I can't figure out why they do that.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/315146/the-lion-king-3d-diamond-edition-blu-ray-review/30#post_3856679

Writer-dad

Grip
Real Name
Daniel MacDonald
Thanks for the review; I'm looking forward to giving this one a spin. It's pretty remarkable how the re-release is tearing up the box office theatrically.

Please enter me in the contest - thanks!

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
This is a favorite of mine. I wish Disney would have kept the original logo at the start. I love getting a feel for when a movie came out by which logo was used at the start.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the review Matt. And thanks to HTF for the contest. Matt, any word on the missing clouds during the scene where Mufasa's spirit returns to speak with Simba? Is this a real issue? If so, in your opinion, does it have a negative impact on the scene?

ToddF

Agent
Real Name
Todd Fredericks
A shame they are still doing this downloading the extras nonsense. We buy the physical media because we like physical media. Listen to your customers.

bipple305

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Lepak
I forgot that Jason Taylor did the voice of Simba, wow that did not launch his career at all. He went from Home Improvement to Lion King then just kind of disappeared. Crap now I miss Home Improvement!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
bipple305 said:
I forgot that Jason Taylor did the voice of Simba, wow that did not launch his career at all. He went from Home Improvement to Lion King then just kind of disappeared. Crap now I miss Home Improvement!
Jonathan Taylor Thomas dd the voice of Simba.

Real Name
Billy Affleck
Thanks Matt for the Weekly Roundup, it really helps to make my purchases for the week. I didn't see Toys R Us mentioned with the sale prices for The Lion King 2disc, and 3D 4 disc sets. They have the best prices. The 2disc Blu-Ray Combo pack is $19.99, and $14.99 with the $5 Disney Rewards coupon; the 3D 4 disc is $27.99, and $22.99 with the Disney Rewards coupon. I'm also going to try to use the $5 coupon from Subway. Do you think this will work? I really enjoy watching The Lion King and I hope I win a copy on Blu-Ray. I saw it at the movies when it first came out and, being a fan of Elton John's music, I really loved it. It's great when Elton John does 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' in concert, they show film clips from The Lion King.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks