What's new

The Life & Times of Grizzly Adams (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
David,
To answer your question about what part of Paramount owns it (which I missed somehow).
Sunn Classics merged or was bought out by a couple companies (Jensen Farley / Taft) before becoming under Spelling's Worldvision banner. That was bought by Viacom.
When THE BOOGENS (one of their final releases) played on Sundance recently, it had a Paramount logo.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
I haven't been on this site in a couple of years. Has anyone heard anything lately about this classic from the 1970s?

Thanks

MT

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
No news.

Paramount probably still doesn't even realize they own it.

Not that it would matter, as they have slowed down DVD releases. But it deserves a release.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
You can catch a glimpse of Dan Haggerty on the Cathouse DVD sets. He really will marry you at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch if you're up for being able to tell your friends you got married thanks to Grizzly Adams.

I centainly remember grizzly adams and I wish they would get the show on the road and release this damn show

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This show has to be released on dvd!!! Is it even on Paramount's radar?
Starting to get a little discouraged. after all the dvd on tv thing is almost 11 years old.....it should have been out by now.

D

Dominic Dimeo

just to let every one know the show is available all five seasons on amazon.de german site DERR MANN IN THE MOUNTAIN but there is NO english track which sucks the show was a great show and should be released here in the USA

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Don't give up--The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams (Season One) is coming out on November 6th from Shout! Factory. S1's 13 episodes will be released on a 2-disc set.
http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17390
The good news:
--We're getting this show at last!
The bad news:
--13 hour-long shows on 2 discs is not good and would involve some serious compression! Hopefully this is a typo. The TSOD guys will try to get some clarification on this.
--The original theatrical movie is not being included as an extra
I was hoping they would do all 38 shows/2 seasons as one Complete Series set, as Universal originally did waay back with "Buck Rogers". I am also hoping these shows will be digitally remastered, as they always looked pretty worn out in syndication (the CBS Syndication Bible has made no mention of these being remastered, so I'm doubtful). Oh, well, at least we're getting it at last. Hopefully, Season 2 will soon follow.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is great to see Grizzly Adams come out on dvd, especially as the show was based on real person. I love shows that integrate the outdoors in their plots. In July/August seen Born Free released. I hope this means there is hope for other similar shows, like Sierra (Forest Rangers).
I would love to see more mutual wild kingdom come out as well. I remember watching that show as a kid!!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Welcome news, I haven't seen it in years but will again now. Would be cool if it maybe encourages them to look at Universal's Sierra also, but isn't the Grizzly Adams series a Paramount title and if so is there a new Shout deal with CBS ?

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The amazon page changed and now it says it's 4 discs. So that's a relief.
Too bad that the feature film isn't included, although that film really warrants a separate release.
The same can't be said for the concluding tv movie that aired a few years after the show was canceled. I really hope that's part of Season 2 if/when it comes out.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I welcome this release. I hope the rest of the episodes, the feature film, and made-for-tv movies will soon follow. While they'er at it they could release Frontier Fremont which is Grizzly Adams under a different name.
GrizzlyAdams1974-Sunn-one.jpg

-FrontierFreemont1975-Sunn-oneA.jpg

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
streeter said:
The amazon page changed and now it says it's 4 discs. So that's a relief.
Too bad that the feature film isn't included, although that film really warrants a separate release.
The same can't be said for the concluding tv movie that aired a few years after the show was canceled. I really hope that's part of Season 2 if/when it comes out.
Great news with this updated information--4 discs is much better, and I'm glad it's being released through Timeless, although we'll have to see what shape the prints are in. I sincerely doubt they are remastered, in order to keep the price down (I think it's $29.99 SRP, which means it should show up on Amazon for at least $5 less hopefully). Now if they can just license the 1974 theatrical movie for inclusion as a bonus on that 4th disc, since there will be room to accomodate it. I also hope that if they get around to releasing Season 2 (and I don't doubt that they will at some point), that it includes the 1982 TV movie follow-up ("The Capture of Grizzly Adams") on that release as well. It was made specifically to bring closure to the series and the Adams character, even though it sadly didn't include Denver Pyle, who would have been busy with "The Dukes of Hazzard" at that point in time.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I really want S2 so I can upgrade my copy of the Christmas special (assuming it would be included in a S2 release).

Gary "I'd be really upset if they didn't include that on a subsequent release" O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have pre-order my set. I love Grizzly Adams as a kid and i am looking forward to watching it over again. I just hope the networks see it within themselves to complete the set.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Gary OS said:
I really want S2 so I can upgrade my copy of the Christmas special (assuming it would be included in a S2 release).
Gary "I'd be really upset if they didn't include that on a subsequent release" O.
I'm sure Timeless would include that, Gary, on a S2 release, as it was one of the regular episodes of the series (a 90-minute one at that), and one of my all-time favorite TV holiday episodes that I fondly remember watching as a kid. If I recall, the guy that played Festus on GUNSMOKE was in it, and I always remember Denver Pyle telling the Nativity story to the kids in that show.
The CBS Syndication Bible doesn't indicate the series has been remastered, so hopefully whatever condition the episodes are in look better than what you currently have (and I'm hoping they look better than their un-remastered CANNON releases, but I'm not holding my breath on that).

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Here is link to theme song!

This song brings a tear to your eyes, especially to a simpler life!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks