What's new

The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
According to the Encore Westerns schedule, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp is set to debut on Jan 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM, EST, and run M-F. Don't know if they plan to run the entire series, but that is usually what Encore Westerns does.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Generally, there episodes are uncut so it's a great time to do some recording! That's what I'm doing on the "lost" episodes of Bonanza they're showing as well.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Lawman is staying. Wagon Train and Rawhide are leaving. (Another run of Bonanza will take the other hour). Here's the January schedule:
http://www.starz.com/guides/1301WST1.pdf

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I wish Encore Western would pick up the color episodes of Gunsmoke and show them in their unedited form. I haven't seen the unedited shows of those in probably 20 years when WREG quit showing them.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Got a chance to watch the first episode off Encore Westerns. The picture quality is excellent, and appears to be unedited. Believe the time was right around 26 min, give or take a few seconds.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I picked up S1 and S2 for about $30 combined as such i could not resist the buy.

I am also a huge history fan, especially the wild wild west era.

I welcome people's thoughts about the quality of the set!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The quality of the DVD's is pretty good definately better than alot of the non remastered western shows that get released.
I like this series alot and hope to complete it. I'm starting to get worried about it being completed since we still have no announcement on Season 3.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've been DVR'ing the whole thing since day one, even though I already have DVD sets of S1-2. They are currently up to Season 5 on Encore. Have missed a few episodes of Season 3, and currently missing some of Season 5 due to house remodeling issues, but have Season 4 intact. It is a very good series, and since I'm a bit of a history buff, I've researched many of the villians from seasons 1-3, and found that they used real historical figures as subjects, although not entirely in true historical context. Nonetheless, a very good series, and I believe it was along with Gunsmoke, the first of the true Adult TV westerns.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That would be correct and you can add Cheyenne to the mix as all 3 shows started in 1955.
Richard V said:
Nonetheless, a very good series, and I believe it was along with Gunsmoke, the first of the true Adult TV westerns.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Thanks for all the posts!

I have only watched one episode as such it is too early to formulate and opinion. The show does look very enticing, especially the character development.

I am big western fan as i came from an era when westerns were main stays as saturday/sunday afternoon movies.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Randy Korstick said:
The quality of the DVD's is pretty good definately better than alot of the non remastered western shows that get released.
I like this series alot and hope to complete it. I'm starting to get worried about it being completed since we still have no announcement on Season 3.
This series had a few setbacks before season 2 was finally released (i.e., up for pre-order at least twice just to be withdrawn). I contacted Inception a little while after season 2 was finally released and when it started its run on Encore to see what was up regarding a season 3 release. Their reply was that at the time no season 3 release was scheduled. I'm assuming sales just weren't quite good enough to continue. Unfortunate, but at least we have the ability to capture from Encore in decent quality.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
smithbrad said:
This series had a few setbacks before season 2 was finally released (i.e., up for pre-order at least twice just to be withdrawn). I contacted Inception a little while after season 2 was finally released and when it started its run on Encore to see what was up regarding a season 3 release. Their reply was that at the time no season 3 release was scheduled. I'm assuming sales just weren't quite good enough to continue. Unfortunate, but at least we have the ability to capture from Encore in decent quality.
At around 30 cents or so for high quality Taiyo Yuden blank discs, you can record full seasons for a just a few dollars. If the show continues its releases, you haven't invested very much but if it doesn't, at least you know you have it recorded in great quality.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Neil Brock said:
At around 30 cents or so for high quality Taiyo Yuden blank discs, you can record full seasons for a just a few dollars. If the show continues its releases, you haven't invested very much but if it doesn't, at least you know you have it recorded in great quality.
Got it covered. :)

I've done the same with Gunsmoke (b/w hour long episodes), Bonanza lost years, Lawman, Maverick, Cheyenne, Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol and a bunch of others. And will do the same for the 3rd season of Bat Masterson. Now some of these have already been replaced with later commercial releases, but better safe than sorry. And trimming out commercials and outputting DVD's with menus and such is pretty easy these days.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I even went back and recaptured some shows from Encore now that they don't maintain the station bug in the right corner at all times. Now it just shows up periodically a few times an episode.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have notice with the dvd set that appear to episodes are listed out of order. I welcome any thoughts and/or suggestions!

Regards,
Paul

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Some good news news to report on the series. I decided to send Inception Media an e-mail asking about Seasons 3-6 of Wyatt Earp and that there is still alot of interest for the series and I received this reply:

"Randy we are planning on releasing Seasons 3-6 in 2014

MOD Movie On Demand much like the Warner Archives delivery system"

I know the MOD part will bother some but It doesn't bother me and I'm just happy the rest of the series is coming and by the sound of it with much speedier releases because of the MOD format. Sounds like they are planning to release a MOD service soon.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Randy Korstick said:
Some good news news to report on the series. I decided to send Inception Media an e-mail asking about Seasons 3-6 of Wyatt Earp and that there is still alot of interest for the series and I received this reply:

"Randy we are planning on releasing Seasons 3-6 in 2014

MOD Movie On Demand much like the Warner Archives delivery system"

I know the MOD part will bother some but It doesn't bother me and I'm just happy the rest of the series is coming and by the sound of it with much speedier releases because of the MOD format. Sounds like they are planning to release a MOD service soon.
Interesting...I guess that shows it's good to keep asking. I emailed Inception a few months after the season 2 release and was told to not expect any more seasons to be released. I have the captures from Encore now, so I will have to wait to see the pricing for the later seasons before making a decision.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
That is great news, Randy, as the DVD releases have better quality than off the air episodes that I have been recording. I'm certainly in for getting SEasons 3-6, MOD or whatever.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I remember reading that you asked them awhile back so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask again and was expecting the same answer you got. So I was pleasantly surprised with their answer.
smithbrad said:
Interesting...I guess that shows it's good to keep asking. I emailed Inception a few months after the season 2 release and was told to not expect any more seasons to be released. I have the captures from Encore now, so I will have to wait to see the pricing for the later seasons before making a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks