What's new

The Legacy of Led Zeppelin (1 Viewer)

Cary_H

Second Unit
I was first exposed to LZ when II was released. I've seen them in concert twice. The experience was as close to what I would describe as "seeing god" short of doing LSD.
I purchased the DVD set. I didn't have high expectations around the PQ; on the other hand I am extremely disappointed with the audio. I can't speak for the CD release, but I simply can't recommend the DVDs. This pair just isn't going to see much action in my player.
I have any number of concert DVDs and virtually all of them offer superior audio.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I envy Cary's experience of seeing/hearing Zeppelin live. I was 12 when Bonham died. I became a fan a year later, when my cousin cranked Kashmir on her car stereo. I was breathless when Coda came out in '82. To finally have this amazing DVD collection is truly a blessing. I suggest Cary invest in a Home Theater system that he really likes, because this DVD rocks. In DTS or DD, I don't know what the dude expects to hear from recordings 20+ years old. I had the DVD +3 on my EAD PM 1000,Outlaw 950 and Polk LSi system, and my neighbors were dying for me to crank it up even further (and it was Really Loud in my theater room). My advice to Cary is take more LSD or to get a better system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks