The League of Gentlemen

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kai Zas, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

I've bought the first R1 season a long time ago. I couldn't wait for the other releases, so I got the other two seasons from the UK. A friend of mine is still waiting.

Any word?

(Perhaps it will pick up once the movie get beyond the point of rumor?)

2. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Perhaps S1 just didn't sell well enough. I know I bought it. Like you, I had to resort to importing the R2 discs for seasons 2 and three. It's a shame. I felt like the show grew cooler with each season. I know that some folks were turned off by the more serious tone of S3, but I ate it up. Damn that Papa Lazarou is scary!

3. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    I'm sure its a sales issue. Season one actually came out in the US before the UK, and if they were going to issue season 2 here it would have happened by now.

Occasionally CDwow does nice things with UK TV - if I remember correctly, I got the LoG Xmas special from them for something absurd - like $6.95!

And let me also cast a big THUMBS UP for season three - which I thought was the best thing the Gentlemen have done![​IMG]

4. Kai Zas

Kai Zas Second Unit

Got my xmas special from ebay dirt cheap, together with the Live at Drury Lane DVD, which wasn't all that good. Turned out to be a compilation of sketches from season one, or rather, season one has a lot of sketches from the live show.

I loved season 3 too! They walk a thin line between drama and comedy that isn't always obvious to the audience. I'm glad they didn't have a laugh-track on the 3rd season.