What's new

Directors The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and Villains) Draft! (1 Viewer)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Villain Pick

Evil: "When I have the map, I will be free, and the world will be different, because I have understanding."
Robert: "Understanding of what, master?"
Evil: "Digital watches. And soon I will have understanding of videocassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I shall have understanding of computers. And when I have understanding of computers, I shall be the Supreme Being! God isn't interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time: forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
Robert: "Slugs."
Evil: "Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one."

Evil (from Time Bandits if you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence)

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Scott has about four hours left on his turn.

I'll be at work all day so skip me - Jan can go ahead and make his pick. Then it's Martin X 2 and back to Jan.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Oooh goody, my turn!

snikt!

GENTLEMAN: Wolverine

And this one is the non-human character I was hinting at earlier. If this is an unacceptable choice, just let me know and I'll change it.

VILLAIN: Cthulhu

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
So I lied. ;)

I'll take:

Boba Fett

Adding some pathos and brute strength to my roster of heroes:

Frankenstein's Monster

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I already took Dracula. Steve just hasn't put it on the front page yet.

So... "Blaaaaah!" - or whatever Dracula says. :)

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My bad. Scott needs to make two picks.

On deck:

Brad
Mike
Brian

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You guys stink! Boba Fett was my second choice after Dracula. :angry: What are the odds, eh?

Ah well. I got two ladies this time.

Hero: Ellen Ripley

Villain: The Wicked Witch of the West

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brad & Scott: excellent picks! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike is up.

On deck:

Brian
Nick X2
Brian

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I've been thinking about this, and even though Cthulhu is a total badass and I hate to lose him, he just doesn't fit in with the spirit of the thing. Steve, could you please replace him with:

Dr. Doom

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Martin: no problem. FWIW, I'd considered a Lovecraft character Herbert West from Re-Animator
but ultimately went with someone else.

Mike's turn is over.

Brian is technically up, but I know he's at work so Nick can go ahead and go - I doubt very much if he'll score any of Brian's picks. :D

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Hero:

Jack Burton

I was considering Buzz Lightyear for my last hero but in reality all he has is a blinking light and karate chop action.

Villian:

Agent Smith

No matter what you think of the Matrix, you can't deny that Hugo Weaving makes a damn good villian.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nick: good picks. (Though frankly I'm surprised that another Kurt Russell character hasn't been picked.)

Re: Hugo Weaving. Check out his performance in Proof (assuming you haven't seen this undeservedly obscure film which co-stars Russell Crowe). :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brian is up and needs to make two picks.

On deck:

Mike (needs to make two picks)
Brad
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks