What's new

The Law Firm (reality NBC) (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Anyone catch this tonight? 12 trial lawyers, real cases, play both sides.

It wasn't too bad. The first two cases were relatively minor ones. Dog attacked by neighbors dog, and a coroner plays cop by pulling over a woman for speeding.

A few of the lawyers just looked clueless and acted like deer caught in a headlight. The witness for the dog case was hysterical. I thought the judge was going lose it.

The citizen's arrest case could have been a lot bigger than what they pulled out. A man, who is not a cop nor in a cop vehical, flips on red and blue flashing lights, chases down a woman going 52mph in a 35, asks for her license, is someone that should be in jail right now. There happens to be some lowlife running around the Denver metro area that has been doing the same thing and raping the women. It is irresponsible, dangerous, and illegal.

They did win against the guy and got $5000 for the ordeal.

Two dismissed, and if they keep that up, then this should be a short run series to fill in the gap before the fall season starts off.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Better than I initially thought...was surprised at the range of ability ( and lack of) between contentants. The "cases" were obviously pumped up with over the top witnesses, stone faced judges and what should be slam dunk cases.

Roy Black looks a little stiff for the already standard wooden "The Donald" MC role and I thought the editing at the end was wierd...a preview for next weeks show showing who's left before the final verdict of who goes is shown.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Bravo, NBC, for spoiling the results by running the promo for next week's episode right *before* Black makes his decision. And even better, let's start said commercial off by pointing out the two people he voted off. :angry:

I enjoyed it on the summer scale of TV. I doubt I'd watch it full time during the regular season unless it was on a lite TV night. I really expected Kelly & Regina to get voted off, but I can't disagree with the choice of Jason. I'm sure that was a move they teach them not to make in their first semester of law school.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I tivo'd it so skipped the commercials and promos and missed those spoilers. Can't believe these shows pull crap like that. That's one of reality show's biggest hooks, who gets voted off, so why spoil it? They did the same thing with Average Joe 4.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I liked it. I didn't think the promos did it justice (pun intended)- thought it was going to be just real courtroom trials, like watching Court TV. But it's more like The Apprentice with lawyers. At least they are judged by how well they do their job, not with sometimes silly tasks like other reality shows. Plus it was all business- no personal stuff with them hanging out in some suite.

Interesting how winning the case doesn't make you exempt from being cut.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I was really enjoying this show and noticed it was missing from tonights listings. I went to the NBC site and see it was moved to Bravo. What a bunch of crap. Unfortunately, I don't get Bravo. I assume it was moved because of ratings, but I guess reruns pull in a bigger audience. They did the same last year to Last Comic Standing.

Mark

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am sad to say that Law Firm was put on hiatus - we can only hope that they will show the full run on Bravo.

Ryan

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It has a great time slot on Bravo- 2 am. Hard to decide between that & the Kevin Trudeau infomercial.

NBC has such high ratings that they can't afford a show that's not #1 in its time period.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

It is not on hiatus, it has been completely moved to Bravo. All episodes will be shown there. I am glad that I have Bravo (for this and Celebrity Poker Showdown) as this was one of the only truly good summer shows.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
And now it's suffered another humiliation: being pulled from that chi-chi 2am Monday slot for a repeat of the Angela Bassett cradle-robbing classic How Stella Got Her Groove Back. A quick peek at the web shows that the next episode is scheduled for 9/4. You'll forgive me if I don't hold out hope that it will air then.

You know, the show wasn't that bad, the ratings must have been radioactive for this kind of treatment.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Actually the listing I saw was for 2 am Tues, but what I recorded was another rerun of The West Wing, as if that's not shown enough.

I can't believe the ratings on this show were that bad that they can't at least show the unaired episodes at odd hours on cable. Geez.

Fictional lawyer shows do well, & there are plenty of People's Court type shows in syndication, so it really seems this one should have done OK, too.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I guess there goes Roy Black's emcee career.

That will teach you not to show the promo for the next show before axing that week's contestant.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

The listings for my DVR service had 3 airings listed: 1am, 2am Monday and 5pm Tuesday (all CDT). The 1am & 2am slots got filled with Stella and the 5pm slot was filled by a rerun of My Life on the D-List. Weird, huh?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Those listings were for the original repeat airings. NBC only axed the show late Wednesday and the Bravo schedule hasn't been decided yet.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

There is no way that should have seen the inside of a courtroom. Even the whiner's own family thought he was a giant crybaby. :thumbsdown: Judge Judy would have laughed him out of the courtroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks