What's new

The Latest Supermarket Insanity (1 Viewer)

Janna S

Second Unit
Jack - I don't know how "Jenna" feels about cats, but I (Janna, as in janna janna bo banna banana fanna fo fanna, which is how I help drunks and little kids get my name right - and no, I don't mean you are either) can't give felines a chance - I am wildly allergic!
So I guess if I feel the need to be ignored and have my furniture pissed on, I'll get a man . . . .;)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Pssst, Kevin, note the word can in the sentence you quoted from me.
Obviously, there are people who want children who die childless, people who don't want children end up having them and hating them (or even loving them...you can hate everyone else's kids but dote over your own, and hey, my personal anecdotal evidence for this is pretty strong so nyah! :) ), people who don't want children but change their mind, people who want children and end up with hellions but love them anyways, and people who want children but realize they hate them afterwards.
It happens. People try to predict how others behave, and fail miserably. Do you expect people to predict how they'll react to certain situations with any degree of accuracy? I mean, people with black belt degrees in martial arts get beaten up because they didn't realize they lacked the instinct that would have helped them to deal with the situation. Same with the cop who can't pull the trigger when confronted by a gun-wielding psychotic maniac who is shooting at them.
[Edit: Reference to Piers Anthony removed...not verifiable after doing some research]
Life would be so much easier if there were real-genuine psychics in the world. And people wonder why Hollywood is so successful these days?
If I had to start my life over again, I'd want a shopping cart with heat-seeking missiles, nitrous oxide boost, and a 3lb pack of bacon strips. The latter to lure Julie into my unsuspecting trap! Should be a hell of a deathmatch! :D

E

Eric Kahn

As a single male (with 2 cats) who also works third shift, I love the 24 hour grocery store where I can shop at 3:00AM on my off days, I have had my share of run ins with ''shrieklings'' (love this term) while shopping at ''normal'' hours, learned to tune it out, 15 years of truck driving will do amazing things for your ability to tolerate bad traffic in any situation
worse young child situation that drives me bonkers is not even the childs fault, that is when a baby starts crying in a movie theator and the parent just sits there and ignores the child while everyone else wants to commit various forms of mayham upon the parent ;)
I wish I had some clue of what cats are thinking:D
I have also learned that disgusted looks from a 6'6" 400 pound man will make most kids and parents want to be in another aisle really quick, don't even have to say anything, but generally I have learned to avoid kids without thinking about it out of fear of stepping on one and hurting them.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Jack Briggs said:

You should learn to know and understand the Ways of the Cat, Jenna. You'd be amazed at how much that can change you.
You're right. My parents don't own cats. The cats own them.

I love kids. That's probably the only reason why I'd be suitable to be a pediatrician. You'd be surprised how many med students you run into and claim they like kids to other people but hate them in private.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Janna: If only you could see the deep crimson shade my face has assumed--like a fleshtone image on a direct-view Sony monitor with extreme red push. There is, of course, another member here by name of Jenna, whom, in another thread, I inadvertently addressed as "Janna"--simple typo--and quickly edited. Then, yes, I saw your name in the above post, but my brain "saw" Jenna--who has, once or twice before, mentioned that she simply does not like cats (no hatred or malice toward them, mind you--just a personal thing).

Thinking you were that person, I took the opportunity to take another good-natured rib at her.

Gosh, I am embarrassed.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
or even loving them...you can hate everyone else's kids but dote over your own
Boy, that's me. Love my child but can't stand anyone else's. Actually, I somewhat take that back. I like "kids", kids being children that are old enough to dress themselves and bathe themselves and mind their manners. They can be fun sometimes. I can't handle infants and toddlers. They drive me up a f***ing wall. Even my own daughter was very difficult for me to handle when she was younger. The whole crying thing where they can't (or won't) tell you what they want but they WILL sit there and scream their heads off. Then there's the food throwing stage. All the while they're pooping their pants, drooling, and performing other nasty tricks... (shudder) ..

I don't think I'll ever have another. Babies are just annoying. I do have my moments where I see a cute one (most look like monkeys) and start to think, "You know, they really are cute, maybe I should have another." I think of carrying it around, enjoying the small life that would be my own, etc, until suddenly my serenity is shattered when the animal fills it's diaper and begins screaming like a banshee.

My five year old is great. Thinks for herself, takes care of herself, just needs me for guidance, to purchase necessary items such as food, and someone to play with. I can handle that. I actually enjoy it most of the time, because she's a good kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks