What's new

The Latest Report: OS X LION to be released Thursday July 14th (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm just hoping they don't wait too long past that to release the new hardware. Looking forward to hopefully some new Airs, Minis and Mac Pros.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

Roaring Apps is the site.

Great site.

Looked for CS4, but did not see it listed. However, it has

been a few days so it may suddenly appear there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks. Turns out my wife has CS5, which is mostly described as compatible. That's encouraging, but I'll have to wait see the official reviews.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dave,

I am using CS5. It works perfectly.

Hope you enjoy Lion, Dave.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

I'm running out of drive space on my MBP. I think I need to upgrade the drive to install Lion. I'd really hoped to go SSD by now, but I think it's still too pricey. Maybe I'll add RAM to my wife's iMac and buy the new Office 11 at the same time and do a big upgrade weekend next month :)

Looking forward to reviews. My Mac I can go willy-nilly with, since nothing important is done with it. But my wife's iMac is a work machine, so I have to be appropriately conservative in her upgrades.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

Are you -this- ready?

I didn't watch the video: the title was all I needed to know, "Preparing for John Siracusa's Review of OS X Lion" :) I'm trying to finish "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" before Siracusa gets his review out. Because that will be the next month's reading!

Ron, if you're unfamiliar with him, Jon Siracusa has been writing OS X reviews for Ars Technica for the past decade and is known for his epic articles on the major releases (he said the current one would be 89 pages if printed). His Lion review will be the definitive article on the matter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Heya Dave!

No, I got all that. Just thought the video was a bit over the top.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I thought the video was funny and I didn't even know the joke! :D Since Apple has long since abandoned print manuals for their OS, I take it reading Siracusa's review would be the next best thing? ;)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Pretty much. Let's put it this way, Siracusa has taken his shtick of being hyper critical so far that it's now a top rated podcast of the same name. He gets DOWN DOWN DOWN into the weeds on stuff, but he also captures the big picture well enough that if you just read the conclusions it's enough for most people. Here's Snow Leopard and Leopard: http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2007/10/mac-os-x-10-5.ars

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks